Pepakura Haaalp! >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehzekk

If this is the wrong place for this, then I'm sorry, please move it to the appropriate place. :)

So, I've already printed out three things with pepakura. I've run into this problem a couple times, but I don't know what it is. I hit PRINT, and no matter which I print to (regular printer, OR PrimoPDF), it keeps giving me this COMPLETELY unusable very dark gray crap that is almost impossible to use, waste's paper, and generally makes me angy. IT NO LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY! I like to smash things when I'm angry. >.>

When I print out one of the other ones, that I got from the website from here, or anywhere else, without actually editing it to fit my head, it'll print fine, with no real errors. But, when I resize it, it goes all dark gray. Am I doing something wrong, or what?

I don't know what to do! I'm hoping that you guys can help. :)

This problem happens to me. I don't trust Pepakura printing the pieces so I print it in Adobe PDF form and this makes it so no error can happen. So then I print from that file. I hope it helps

See, I try to do that! I go with the PrimoPDF thing, and when it "prints" to the PDF, it'll give me that dark gray stuff too. >.<

I'll try to reinstalling. if it doesn't work, I'll be kind of happy, but if it does work, imma be angry as hell. my fiancé wanted us to go to her moms house tonight, for her b-day, and they don't have a printer. juust my luck; the third, hopefully best fit (the first was a perfect fit, without anything done and the second one is waaaay too big). :sleep

If its completely grey when you print, try to turn off the textures, its in the 2D Menu I believe. I'm not sure of any reason, except maybe a software issue, that would cause you to get solid grey peices unless there is a grey texture on the model. Anyways let us know if that works, and hopefully someone who knows whats wrong will come along and help you out.

Good Luck!

-Apoc

I have a friend that it happened to him a couple times too, I suggested to use a older system and when we used a computer that had windows XP Home (service pack 2) and not his vista it worked great, we also ran into a problem with settings changing when we open the same file several times in windows 7. there could be a minor bug in those systems. I would suggest reinstalling pepakura using WinXP compatibility mode (how to)

stilgar

WELL, I want to thank Stiglar for helping me out in a big way. I always forget about that function; I should've probably thought about that to begin with. >.<

Thanks for all your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back