Pepakura Pelican from Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackmandude12 said:
If only it was real...

Well, I hope to build a 'real' scaled model, just need some good ref and pepakura files ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, I've managed to cut, fold and assemble the rear storage section, both where the Warthog is hung from and the marines wait for drop-off.

Unfortunately, I've sorta come to an impasse as I'm not sure just where the next part I've started putting together goes.

I'm thinking maybe the easiest way to go about it would be to complete the other sub-assemblies and then try to picture it all together, and hopefully I'll be able to figure out where this part goes...

Along with the SS model, I will need to create some decals for the ship. Some which include "marines" or "no step" "exhaust", as well as the ID serial no. for each pelican. But I am not too familiar where the IDs would go on the pelican. (I.e. Echo 17 would have 'E17' painted in a specific location) Anyone have a ref of where these markings go?

seven said:
Probably a common question, but I took several snap shots of the pelican for ref. but I have no idea how to upload them from the Xbox too my computer. Anyone know how to do that (do I need Xbox live to do it)?

I printed out the pelican 3D model that is shown above. It took me almost two hours to cut the whole thing out, and it may take me longer glue it all together. There are no directions on the site, so it may take more time figuring out where some parts go. Some are pretty obvious, others are not. It looks like it was a pepakura creation, same style layout. But it's not a H3 pelican. Not too sure of it's scale (exactly), but it's a little over foot long.
i believe you need an ethernet cable to plug from the back of your xbox to the back of your computer and then go into your media...you can then send pics from your console onto your computer...(or hopefully!!) :lol:

your better off saving yourself the trouble and grabbing a digital camera and just taking pics of the tv screen itself and uploading it to your pc that way.. but i dont think that you can transfer pics to your pc that you took in halo 3... with out xbox live that is...

JoobiDoob said:
Necrothread. Please check the dates before you post

Don't be a thread Nazi, this one deserved to be brought back as it's awesome!

pelican1dds1lc0.png

pelicandecals1dds1wv1.png

pelicanbay1dds1es0.png

here you go hope it helps.

You know, seeing as I now have all the 3ds files at my disposal, it'd be really easy for me to just print these things off in SLS or plaster.

EDIT: Whoever extracted and exported these files I'm gonna have to kick his ass! These are so much of a pain in the ass to doctor up in NURBS!

seven said:
Probably a common question, but I took several snap shots of the pelican for ref. but I have no idea how to upload them from the Xbox too my computer. Anyone know how to do that (do I need Xbox live to do it)?

I printed out the pelican 3D model that is shown above. It took me almost two hours to cut the whole thing out, and it may take me longer glue it all together. There are no directions on the site, so it may take more time figuring out where some parts go. Some are pretty obvious, others are not. It looks like it was a pepakura creation, same style layout. But it's not a H3 pelican. Not too sure of it's scale (exactly), but it's a little over foot long.

hmm, if you take screenshots in Halo 3. And you are connected to the internet, you can uppload them to your acount on bungies website. There you can find your own acc, and then look att all the piktures you have exported. Then you shoud be able to save them down, from bungies site to your computer. It is a litle complicated, but its much better quality then if you whoud try to use a camera on your TV...

why not just google for papercraft pelican? there is at least one out there. It just takes a little work on your part.

hey guys, i just found this thread, and before you print out that german kids pelican model, DONT. it has NO EDGE IDs, no FOLD LINES or cut lines and the texture isnt very good, i recommend re-unfolding it yourself.

A properly scaled Halo 3 version Pelican with textures would make a nice display model to go with the Mcfarlane figures that are out now.

Pambo said:
hey guys, i just found this thread, and before you print out that german kids pelican model, DONT. it has NO EDGE IDs, no FOLD LINES or cut lines and the texture isnt very good, i recommend re-unfolding it yourself.

Are you sure that they just aren't showing? There are functions that make these things viewable, just so you know.

seven said:
I am planning on building a scaled model of Halo 3's Pelican, and am looking to see if anyone has or can create a detailed breakdown of the entire ship (interior, cockpit, landing gear, etc.) in pepakura. It's really complex, and the files that I have found here thus far just don't have the detail I am looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a pelican
Check my posts.

I am working on a pep friendly version of the pelican as we speak. I'm using bevbor's model in this thread. It will not have texture, but it'll be possible to build, unlike all the other extremely detailed 3ds files. No offense harris, I liked your model, but it was just way too detailed, the ribs in the cabin were simply impossible. The model that bevbor did is easier to work with. I'll have it done within the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back