Pepakura Program Overlapping Problems, (Any Ideas?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBox

Hey, I have posted here a bit and I am getting a feel for starting my own armor set, However I have one major problem and I have no idea how to fix it. on the armor piece that I am doing there are alot of places that look like hell to figure out.
View media item 2891 When it is time to cut I wont be cutting that bit out instead I will be putting lights in its place, but there are many other spots on the armor that have this sort of problem, Any ideas?

ylZNBnOCD587QtUeN1WP7_-cOpQQVA5Azblnp3ZuzIywDgrUa4u4NAexzfasiAnKBCCu=s96.png

Have you tried using the join/disjoin face tool to make a different shape so that its easier to work with? You could also check the Edge ID option in the 2D menu so that you know which piece goes with which. Sorry to respond so late, you must have figured this out by yourself already!

Yep, anyways its gonna be a while before i can get my buuld going for one reason, my computer broke... in a pretty shocking way too (pun) the power going into it made simpily touching an attached part of the computer shock you... the back of it made my hand spaz out for a short time... while i have another much more powerful computer i have yet to test if the printer still works, i fear that it does bot because the speaker which was plugged in through the headphone jack put off enough electricity to shock you. I hope it didnt break the printer.

Honestly part of it is just the art of using pepakura, some shapes just don't translate well onto the program and you need to figure out how to make it work yourself. Look at reference pictures to see what it is supposed to look like, and then just figure out a way to make it look like that, regardless of what the lines are displaying (the few you can make out at least). I've had similar pieces like that, and it really kind of just ends up being guesswork. I know its not super helpful but its what I have always had to resort to.

SkyBox - Sorry to hear about your computer. But it also sounds like you just might be in the early stages of developing super human electricity powers.. so be safe! On the pep note, print the pages out with the Edge IDs turned off. If you can pep with a computer in front of you then you don't need the #s printed on the page. The numbers just clutter up some pieces and make it impossible to see which lines are mountain or valley. You don't need them.

Thanks man that helps alot, found myself using the computer that ways but never really realized i could turn the numbers off... and if i am developing powers hopefully i dont break my $2k PC haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back