Pepakura Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motive8

Jr Member
Did you know you can reduce the amount of folds and increase the smoothnes of your pep project.?
Here is a little something i found under Line style configuration,i hope the pics are self expanitory.

But you have to be careful about doing that because it is possible to "ignore" a fold that you do need.

It's a good tip! I think it should work fine for this model.

I'd just be careful applying that to everything you make.

yep, as long as you're careful with what you change, and you like what you end up with, go for it

Oh shoot, this is the papercraft I am used to making, before I started my armor, all my paper models were made this way, no numbers, just fold the peice and keep going, but I am sure you can number this so you dont forget.

I'm using slyfo's model which I edited this way, I wont release it so I guess I should be ok, I printed it out, got started on the back neck area, works like a charm, helmet so far looks super smooth like bondo was applied lightly, when I finish resin/glassing and sand it, it will look like a real molded helmet. Thanks so much for this tip.

does this just omit the fold lines or does it restructure the pattern in some way?

I was thinking of just not bending some of the fold lines to let the paper naturally flex in some of those areas.

-dwoo

dwoo said:
does this just omit the fold lines or does it restructure the pattern in some way?

I was thinking of just not bending some of the fold lines to let the paper naturally flex in some of those areas.

-dwoo

It just removes the fold lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clever, I was wondering if pep could do that, It would be cool if pop could handle nurb data, then models could be made that were a lot smoother to start with. maybe version 3.

Quadraxis said:
It just removes the fold lines.
Doesnt matter, I like it, it works, looks a heck of a lot better, I got 40% of the helmet folding done today, so I think It looks a heck of a lot better than no modifcation, with some sanding, it will be super smooth, smoother than smooth infact......

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been using this for a while, and as stated before, you do have to be careful to not over do it, there are folds you really will want. actually i did the actual halo3 helmet like this already, i just havent unfolded it, right now im working on editing the halo3 model to add more detail.

==edit-
one thing that actually does smooth out the lines, used in conjunction with that, is the split edges to make them smooth tool., its hard to explain, but in my thread i have an example already, but i wont be using that helmet model for too much longer, im re-doing it as we speak, this time im going for a 'as detailed as possible' look

OMFG sweet! i did it to alot of models and it all looks smoother sweet, i gotta print a helm and try it out, but gotta be careful lol!

hey, I am new to this forum and I downloaded a different version of the helmet for pep. Could you email me the version you have posted the pics for please. I have completed my helmet and was gonna do alot of mods to it to have all the details I didn't know there was a more detailed helmet on this forum. nguyenbaduong82@yahoo.ca

this is what I have gotten so far on my pep helmet, it is paper/cardboard in the paper mache phase. I am planning on buying plaster to smooth it out, any tips would help
DSC00327.jpg

Now all I need to do is find someone with an A1 printer.

I wonder if this justifies a trip to my old high-school. :D

the great thing for me is i have access to 44'' x100'' my next project will be to print it right onto plastic sheets.

(hey, I am new to this forum and I downloaded a different version of the helmet for pep. Could you email me the version you have posted the pics for please. I have completed my helmet and was gonna do alot of mods to it to have all the details I didn't know there was a more detailed helmet on this forum.)

Its GODS ummm Flying squirels pep file in his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back