Jr Member
well ive been workingon this since late july
07-31-07_2028.jpg

07-31-07_2029.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

08-16-07_0025.jpg

pafford09 said:
thanks and the visor is only in by tape so there is still work left to do with it

Would hot gluing a visor in work?

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know i mean its only taped up for a day but ive read some people have done it with no problems and im going to be using something else that i dont know what its called because my neighbor gave it to me

idk its this stuff that is white and black but i have to roll it up till its grey then apply on the visor once its where it needs to be then apply it

well if you look at the pics when it has red primer on it and the near complete version you can see how many things were wrong with it
well what i first used was glue (im not kidding) then this drywall stuff (works but if the helmet gets a good enough knock it pops right off)

then the magic came with spot puddy

all i had to do with that stuff was squeeze it out of a tube on to the area needed to be smoothed then wait a day then sand till smooth

oh and some people will say use resin but its not manage able, tough to sand and too much time

the spot puddy will not stick like resin to your fingers and sands easily and will last with the helmet

oh and alot of patience (my avatar is a display of a month of work of just spotting problems, apply putty, sand, spray with primer then rinse and repeat till all comes out right

oh and your armor smilie helped me decide to make my own when i started in july

what do you mean?

i printed it out on cardstock, cut it out with an xacto knife, scored it, folded it, glued it(not including the visor), then i put fiberglass resin on the outside only 1 layer though and didnt do the inside (thought it was a waste of resin and time), fiberglassed the inside with one layer, then i put primer on it(see pic with it being red) then after i did everything i could to make it look nice (spot puddy is godly) sanded it for over a month (your time may be different), then i painted and taped a cd cover visor on it with some tint i bought at the discount auto store, just so i could wear it to school

whats left is this

-2nd layer of fiberglass
-padding
-lights
-cooling system
-and a sealed in visor

what do you mean?

i printed it out on cardstock, cut it out with an xacto knife, scored it, folded it, glued it(not including the visor), then i put fiberglass resin on the outside only 1 layer though and didnt do the inside (thought it was a waste of resin and time), fiberglassed the inside with one layer, then i put primer on it(see pic with it being red) then after i did everything i could to make it look nice (spot puddy is godly) sanded it for over a month (your time may be different), then i painted and taped a cd cover visor on it with some tint i bought at the discount auto store, just so i could wear it to school

whats left is this

-2nd layer of fiberglass
-padding
-lights
-cooling system
-and a sealed in visor

Hey thanx its nice to see im inspiring people, im starting my new helmet so i have to fina an easy way to smooth (i fiberglassed my helmet externaly) :cautious: now its hard to get it smooth

oh i did the exact opposite i fiberglassed the inside the only problem with that is when you sand you'll probaly end up sanding through the paper on some edges and the only hard part about the inside is the visor put pushing the glass in with a pencil works great

Something happened. it seemed much better before it was black. The black one looks too bubbly and warped. I would suggest getting a small power sander to keep the outer solidity and color but get the shape of the red version.

If you look at the spot on the black in the picture and look at that spot on the red... It's the same... :|

Andrew L said:
I'm saying the red is much more exaggerated and angular so it looks slightly more like MC's actual helmet.

Whatever... It just depends on what he likes...

Last edited by a moderator:
well the only reason why it may look angular is because of the camera when i took pictures of it when it had red primer on it i was using an hd camera and all the other pics were taken with a cell phone camera

and nothing happened after it got painted all i did was add spot putty to any uneven areas and sanded it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back