Pepakura - Your friend and helper (TUT As simple as possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Hello dear 405th newcomers...

Are you new and you are in the stage of Pepakura ? Does it seems that it is so complicated that u never will be able to do so much awesomeness like some of our members did?

Dont give up and never think about it ....
The first rule of making this epicness possible is to stand up again after you felt down. Trust me you will reach a point when you start thinking bout how hard it is or even to break it up.

Thats the point which will decide if u will finish your armor or not. Cos if u evolve the courage to stay focused and strong you will finish it . and you will finish it as u wished it ! Thats my promise to you cos if you have the will of doing something... you will achieve it for sure.

Look at me for example. Im still a student and i always dreamed about making my own armor aswell ... But i was never involved in such a community till my friend showed me the way. So i want to play the friend role and involve YOU newcomers to make it possible to build up your own armor with Pepakura. Even if you NEVER worked with those materials and tools ... you can learn it . There are many people in here who are willing to help . And dont ignore the stickies or the tutorials which already exist.

What do i want to reach with this thread?
I simply want to take off that feeling that u are alone even if u signed in in this community ( i had that feeling in the beginning. nothing against this forum but i was kinda shy :x)
I offer myself to answer any questions u have . At anytime.... Ill do my best to share my experience which i earned through my project and through many helpful and nice people in this forum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well enough of the introduction . Lets get serious now:

To cover it generally here some essential basics :

[Note : Feel free to ask for more infos if i miss something ... ill add it later on ]

[1] Download Pepakura-Designer from here:
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/download.html

[2] Gather your desired Pepakura Files.
Here is a link that Jason ( carpathiavh99) gave me . All pep files u need are stored here.
http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
You can also find files at Halo wiki :
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index
The armor sets are listed together . But i suggest you to get the Armor files from the 1st link.

[3] Open your desired project (file) and now you got to go .

From here on I insist that everyone who has NO experience with measurments for their armor to do the following bonus step ( It safes ALOT of time)

Before you start with your actual project you should test it on these pepakura files which i received from RainbowDash once.
The download link contains LOW DEFINITION files which are perfect for pepakura training. Trust me in this point again you will safe a lot of time later if u do this first and have a feeling for measurments.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-6677967/LD-TESTERS-BY-MROREO.rar.html

Lets start now the intresting part : The correct measuring.
Use some refference pictures for example this one here
Mk6Mjolnir77ea.jpg

For our measurment example i decided to explain it to you with the shins.
So after u saw the reference picture you can now take a measurment to your real body part and write it down. ( Dont add too much length or less try to do it as accurate as u can .)

Now you open up pepakura and press right click somewhere and you should then see the measurment tool like here:
tut2882c.png

After you clicked on it you are now able to use 2 points to measure between them ( Search for the widest points you can get and now measure them in pepakura like u measured them in real life . I took the front of the shin here.

Unbenannt6813.png

The green arrows are the 2 points of measurment ... the blue is the space between it

As you could see we had about 400 MM of height at that shin.

NOTE: In this picture the measurment of height has 430 MM ... so 30 MM more than in the first with the measurment tool. But why?
Pepakura doesnt measure the height by its front height or back height. It takes the widest point for the top and the widest points from the bot and thats the height number in our case ( length)
Here is what i mean (marked red)

3342a.png

I will try to continue this tutorial as well . But i had to describe this topic since many people asked me for measurment techniques . and in my opinion this always worked out well . at least for me :)

I hope you enjoyed the small tut . i hope all the newbies will watch this to learn a bit more about measurment and pepakura .
If i have any mistakes in this thread please feel free to say it or to add stuff.

PS: Feel free to contact me at any time . !
Greets ed from austria

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back