Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

ischa

Hey guys, I haven been thinking about some things to make the Pepakura way easier while keeping details.

From what I know there are 3 ways using Pepakura.

1. 1 big object. (everything paper)

th_pepakura.png

2. 1 big object with cardboard as detail.

th_cardboarddetail.png

3. Like Lego, parts of the model split up in chambers or cubes.

th_papercubes.png

(Thumbnails, click on the pic to see it larger.)

So from what I see, 3 might be easier to use. as in, you don't have many small edges and you and up with some sort of a checkpoint system.

(Like when you mess up 1 cube you don't ruin the whole model, just reprint what went wrong.)

You can even add custom parts to a model this way, just like Lego, you remove a few blocks and add other shaped blocks back. aslong they fit ;)

The only downfall of this methode is that it takes more pages, and if not done correctly some parts won't fit.

(though adding a lil bit of space between 2 "cubes" should fix it, talking about when you model not pepakura.)

I'm not good at explaining things, however I'm working on a model at the moment using this methode. hopefully it can explain it better. :p

Tell me what you guys think about the methode, and feel free to ask.

(Thumbnails.)

th_wip.png th_Explained.png

Thanks, it's the [size="-1"]BSW-72 Assault Rifle from Haze. I thought it was the perfect test model. ;)

And I know, I'm trying to keep it possible to pep it, I'll keep an eye out to small details. Thanks for telling ^^;

[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I will have to adjust this and complete the model, then if you guys like I can release it. though it need to be tested first to see if it works at all.

Edit: this is a mix between the concept art and the ingame model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back