Phi's BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi3927

Update: 90% Complete (Needs battle damage, scope; clip is still unfinished)
The Battle Rifle
br1bx9.jpg

Butt (clip is removable, but unfinished)
br2bo8.jpg

Top down
br3ti0.jpg

Rough procedure:

1) Print out side view of gun at full size, cutting off the barrel.
2) Cut out enough copies of the gun from the foamcore (this BR is 12 layers)
3) Cut down layers to various shapes, depending on location (center or edges). Cut out ammo, and a space for the barrel
4) Glue together
5) Coat with protective substance that does not dissolve foamcore (I used some sort of spray varnish)
6) Bondo the whole thing, then sand
7) Paint

I haven't done any detailed painting on the gun yet, nor have I found a scope. The ammo is removable, but I haven't bondoed it yet.

Looks like that stryofoam found at home depot. But very nicely done, the only problem is it looks like plastic. Spray a light mist of gray, some silver, put battle damage on it or something. Or best yet, get some Rust Olem or however its spelt, paint, and spray a light mist of gray. I heard that its best for detailing.

It's layered foamboard ($1 at dollartree). I'm trying to smooth it right now, mainly covering the ridges from the paper part of the foamboard out. This is just a base coat, not a full painting.

Nice work but i see all the sterafoam... try to make it out of sterafoam that doesnt wrinkle like that propably the ones that carry around those fragile stuff what waz that called? but nice work with the clip and the shape though also make sure u resin :D did u?

have you ever heard of Gator Foam?

It is like foam board but it has a harder cardstock on the outside that is almost comletly wrinkle free, it also sands fairly well. However it is a bit more expensive at $5.50 a sheet (12"X18"X3/16"). I get it from micromark.com since it isn't carried anywhere near me.

Wait do ALL dollar stores stock foamboard? Because I never saw any, maybe I missed somethin'. Is it a special brand? Because I have an idea to make a carbine if I can find some cheap ones.

I haven't been anywhere other that dollar tree, but I would imagine that other stores would have the boards too. This gun is 12 layers of foam, from 6 boards (2 cut-outs/board). Right now I'm trying to cover up the ridges with bondo 'spray rubber,' but the nice storm we're having in the Northwest is not conducive to rapid drying.
CemreTas, the sticker on the boards says "ADAMS," and the url www.readiboard.com

thats the first BR i have ever seen that looks like a BR nice job next job would be the airsoft model of it and then after that a real fire arm but then that goes against laws so we won't see that for some time. Oh well, nice job anyway =].

You should bondo it to fill in those foam gaps and creases, then paint over it and brush on some battle damage silver, it would look more realistic. But the way it is now, thats one of the best I have seen made without molding.

AoBfrost said:
You should bondo it to fill in those foam gaps and creases, then paint over it and brush on some battle damage silver, it would look more realistic. But the way it is now, thats one of the best I have seen made without molding.
most defiantly, by far the best I've seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Phi 3927 said:
Any comments on the bondoed and painted version?

I suggest adding more bondo on some of the "craters" and "cracks" on the BR, and smooth them out.

But the paint job looks nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back