Photojournalist, Ben Giraud: Disappeared beacon of truth or dead ONI pawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix965

The riveting audio-play depicting the rise and demise of Benajmin Giraud was a master stroke conducted by 343i over the course of 13 tense episodes. Within the the audio, we learn of an incident that may or may not be related to Master Chief's story as it plays out in the upcoming H5 Guardians. But the shocking ending had me wondering if Ben hadn't been played by ONI all along to expose any 'freethinkers' within their sphere of influence or was Ben's discovery of the truth a true journalistic event, which exposed ONI for the spooks they are. personally I think ONI had their hooks in Ben from the very start, and manipulated him until they had no further use of him. Either way he outlived his usefulness, and inadvertently may have become the inspiration for the colonist to look further into ONI and the UEG's dealings. Still I wonder about his fate, which the soundcloud HUNTHETRUTH left up in the air.
I hope he makes another appearance somewhere in print or audio or even in game, I wonder. i hope he makes another appearance somewhere in print or audio or even in game, maxresdefault.jpg
What did you gather his fate to be?

he's not dead oni would still use him and I think they have remember the opening to halo 4 with this oni/ not oni guy talking. I think its him.

he's not dead oni would still use him and I think they have remember the opening to halo 4 with this oni/ not oni guy talking. I think its him.

Nope, the voice actor for the ONI guy from Halo 4 is the body actor for Master Chief and not Keegan Michael.

yeah ONI is ****ed up but they wouldn't outright kill someone if they felt that there was still some use in him. They kept Halsey alive for her mind and she is FAR more dangerous than dear old Ben. They'll probably keep him locked up and use him for his outer colony connections.

I don't know guys, Petra sounded pretty sure they would never see him again, and not in a 'disappeared' kind of way. And let's not forget he was in direct contact with Fero, which resulted in the death of TWO Oh-En-Eye operatives. We would have to assume that Mishok and the family of his contact (can't remember his name) are all ALSO still alive, for this to work. Ben's reputation by the end of the show was worse than ruined.
I personally believe the Men In Black did away with him, having outlived his usefulness.

But then again...Fero, did say he was under INSURRECTIONIST protection,and depedning on how dedicated the INNIs are to that cause, he could serve as bait.

halo_reach_oni_wallpaper_by_mgmiller81-d46qo9w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back