Pic of my New Strapped armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

Back then I used REAL strapping which wasnt very flexible and was very thick. It didnt work too well, so wearing my armor was impossible.

Now, I decided to fix my suit using elastic straps and velcro.

I bought 5 yards of 1 inch wide elastic strapping at Jo-ann's fabric store(4.50$), and I went to target and bought 4 feet of industrial strength velcro with back adhesive (6.99$)

Then with some basic sewing skills (and poking my fingers until bleeding) I was able to redo my suit, make it more mobile, comfortable, dancable, and wearable.

Here is a picture of me wearing it.

lolarmor1mv7.png

The helmet has a HJC gold visor, but with a camera flash, the visor's iridium tint is useless against the bright light.

Also, the color of the paint was much darker in real life, but the camera flash made it lighter once again. (also, I danced it my suit =D)

YIKES! Dude, put your helmet back on! You look better that way, LOL ;)

That new strapping you used definately seems to work far better. Your armour sits over your body as it should. Looking good there, buddy... :)

For those who want to strap their arms, strap where your arms bend, not on the sides of your elbows, doing it where your joint directly is lets you move the lower arm pieces forward or back which lets you fully move your arms.

(I attempted adam's MC hump in his avatar, my new strap system let me do is successfully, but my armor compared to his isnt as good, his armor is just godly.)

You've got that right! His armour is just... well... it's totally freakin' awesome, is what it is, heh heh.

Good advice on where to place the strapping. I'm nowhere near that stage of completion with my own MJOLNIR armour, but I have to admit I was wondering just how to go about that when I got to that point (I like to plan ahead, LOL). Thanks for the tip, buddy! :D

No, this armor was made with resin and fiberglass, I didnt think up my hot glue method until a while after I finished my suit. But I will soon be adding hot glue to the inside, just for extra weight and protection to the suit. Especially the butt plate, it being so thin, I hate to sit on it.

Looks cool frost, I was just about to pm you to see some pics of your helmet. Could you post more please?

No, it isnt duel, I didnt buy 2 visors for that suit.

Also, for a closer picture of my helmet, just look in my gallery, it shows a semi larger front pic.

The crotch piece is strapped around my neck, it's sewed so there is 2 straps on the front of the crotch and 2 on the back, and they all press against the back of my neck, I was going to do shoulders, but experience from my stormtrooper armor made me rethink the shoulder strap method since when walking/dancing, it constantly wants to slide down the shoulders and sag.

yeah thanks about that right now i just got finished with cutting my torso in half (you can kind of see it in my other thread about the br) and im trying to figure that one out for awhile now so yeah thanks for pointing out what you did for us

and on another thought getting close to completing you portal gun

Dont connect the crotch to the Chest, Leave the crotch on your neck/shoulders with strapping, and just let the arms/chest sit on your shoulders.

That looks GREAT Frost :D Hahahahah Love the smiley censor too. And a quick note, your Hot Glue method is AWESOME :) I'm pluggin ya in the Aqua Resin thread :D

Skullcandy Girl said:
That looks GREAT Frost :D Hahahahah Love the smiley censor too. And a quick note, your Hot Glue method is AWESOME :) I'm pluggin ya in the Aqua Resin thread :D
<3

Thank you very much! It's surprising how I haven't done it myself on my own armor, yet you all have risked your suits and came out with perfect results.

I'm guessing with aqua resin you'd resin the outside 1 or 2 times then hot glue the inside for strength, resin will always be needed just for water proofing the suit, and smoothening/hardening the outside layer.

i have to wait until spring/summer to do mine, too cold here, when i tried, the hotglue just solidified on the brush after dipping in, removing it from the coffee tin just made it harden back to it's rubbery state, that's how cold it is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Thank you very much! It's surprising how I haven't done it myself on my own armor, yet you all have risked your suits and came out with perfect results.

I'm guessing with aqua resin you'd resin the outside 1 or 2 times then hot glue the inside for strength, resin will always be needed just for water proofing the suit, and smoothening/hardening the outside layer.

i have to wait until spring/summer to do mine, too cold here, when i tried, the hotglue just solidified on the brush after dipping in, removing it from the coffee tin just made it harden back to it's rubbery state, that's how cold it is here.

Well since I had no way of supporting my helmet (the damn numbers smeared on my pepakura anyways) I couldn't use the supports and I didn't have the visor pepakura, and I used hot glue to secure some spots that wouldn't stick and it dried rigid, so I went "OH YEAH AOB had this alternative to fiberglass to strengthen the helmet, let me try something like that". And it worked great :)

Bummer, it works wonderfully though! Yeah Ohio winters tend to suck ace! I grew up in Canton and went to college in Columbus I'm just glad I could drive where I needed to go, walking in that cold and snow in NYC would stink!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back