pistol scale problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

i downloaded the file from Paepakuras website for the M6D pistol and i want to mod it into the M6G. problem is the 3d model is in exploded for meaning its in all different parts and i cant scale it properly because "assembled size" is the length of the parts on screen in exploded view. is there another 3d file i can use or can someone help me figure this out? right now the scale is 0.033993 and assembled size is 42.9cm. i beleivethe M6G is supposed to be 26.7cm.

those are really confusing, why are there balls everywhere? the pistol looks like a bubble gun. and you cant zoom in on it, it just zoom in on open space.

ok i figured out how to get rid ofall the "balls" in the show objects list. but now i cant figure the scale out. i had it set up sothe assembled model length was 26.7 cm, the actual gun size. But the peices look real tiny on the pages, and i have it set to letter.

MandoMan531 said:

I'm not doing anything I'll try... Which gun is it?

Do you know all of the lengths it's supposed to be...

I think I found it!!!!

pistolku2.png

Problem Solved...

Love,
Mac...

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
whered you get that model. i downloaded both from Pepakuras website but theyre both in exploded view, i need one assembled like that

when i try to open ungodlyfile.rar i get a message telling me windows cant open the file.

edit- nevermind i think i got it.

edit-#2. i got it downloaded and it turns out i have that file, its just that the pistol isnt centered on the screen and it had those "balls" on itthat represent the laser and muzzle fire etc.

i can get those "balls" out of it by using "show objects" but the view isnt centered on the pistol so i cant zoom in on it, and because of that the assembled size is counting the balls and all the empty space between them.

i hopeyou know what i mean because its driving me nuts.

MandoMan531 said:
when i try to open ungodlyfile.rar i get a message telling me windows cant open the file.

edit- nevermind i think i got it.

edit-#2. i got it downloaded and it turns out i have that file, its just that the pistol isnt centered on the screen and it had those "balls" on itthat represent the laser and muzzle fire etc.

i can get those "balls" out of it by using "show objects" but the view isnt centered on the pistol so i cant zoom in on it, and because of that the assembled size is counting the balls and all the empty space between them.

i hopeyou know what i mean because its driving me nuts.

I see what you saying... But the balls shouldn't be being added to the assembly size... I'm not sure I'll go and check...

Ah yes... You do appear to be correct... I'm just going to eye ball it...

Ok your gonna have a lot of problems...
To get it to about the right height it's gotta get up to the like 265 cm mark...
But in the scaling the max is 200 so you will have to use the Scale up by 10%...
And also your going to want to arrange them first because once again because you can't go higher than 200 by inputing the value...
You can't use the Recalculate Parts Layout button...

I don't know if this helps at all but yea...

Also try to manuver the object by using you right click on the mouse and you scroll ball thing on the mouse... You can Actually get very close to the object...

I would post a picture but I have to get ready for work...

Give me a bit, I removed the balls in 3ds but those models are on a different system. I'll edit this post when I get them added.

FYI, the balls serve as markers, they do the following:
primary = a primary emission point, this is for barrel flash or similar effects, some models have more then one primary
secondary = a secondary effect when the weapon is fired
hand = a hand placement (where a model attaches to the characters hand)
#ground po = is the point that 'attaches' to the ground, this is used to try to keep a weapon model from penetrating a ground plane when dropped
#mwa = I haven't figured out, this is the one that throws calculations off, every weapon has one
frames = used in animating the weapon

vent, heat flar, etc

some of these not only give a visual effect but may be used for audio effects

These balls cause weird results and pepakura doesnot allow you to delete the object, you can thin them down to 4 points, but pepakura has a memory issue which causes it to crash if it tries to store too many undo levels, or if an operation causes an invalid surface.

OK, have the revised 3ds files uploaded & linked here: Pepakura Download Database ; go to post #14

I had just finished them a couple days ago and was going to post them after I'd tweaked them a little; but I put a rush on the raw 3ds files.

Keep watching my other post; I'm going to be tweaking the weapon files.
In the end I want to have pdfs that are ready to print

My next step is to correct and improve them; that is, make parts so that they don't just pass through other parts, and correct other problems, and to model more details into the model.

Macattack64 said:
I'm not doing anything I'll try... Which gun is it?

Do you know all of the lengths it's supposed to be...
I think I found it!!!!
pistolku2.png

Problem Solved...

Love,
Mac...
:p

In that picture of yours, on the right side of the pep window you have the cut outs. But they don't look like cut outs... how do i make them fit on different pages when i print it out and make it actually look like something on the window instead of lines and circles??

you need to raise the scale. open the file in pepakura. when it asks you to specify front, make the front the top part ofthe gun, and when you specify bottom make it the muzzle of the gun. so the gun is pointing downwards. then click unfold, the 2dpatternwindow, the adjust scale by specifying value and in the "assembled size (height)" make it 22 mm. that whould be about 8 3/4 inches,thats how big i made mine.

make sure under file>print and paper config, you have the paper size set to what paper your using and the margins down to 5mm. in the 2d window, if the peices are still too big and go over multiple pages you can left click and use join/disjoin face function and take peices apart or join them together.

ok ok i got the pistol file and removed all the "bubbles"
now when i unfolded it it was all as seen bellow!!!

peppistol.jpg

can i get some help here please!!!!!!

clownpuncher said:
ok ok i got the pistol file and removed all the "bubbles"
now when i unfolded it it was all as seen bellow!!!

peppistol.jpg

can i get some help here please!!!!!!

Just download the file I linked in the other threads you were asking for the Pistol Pep.

It's ready to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back