Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Hello! So as this thread is named, we are coordinating plans for our booth opportunity for Planet Kansas City Comic Con. Littlefoot1221 has been a huge help in helping me coordinate this into happening, and we have a good shot at it! we now have a idea of what we need; and with my permission, she is taking a heavier charge in the planning of this event with her experience working with the vendor!

Excited that things are starting to come together! My buddy and I made this flagpole stand for the booth, should make for a nice addition to the backdrop
67475B95-0927-415C-8296-48C754174E02.jpeg

Hello everyone!
I'm beyond excited that everyone is working so hard to make this happen. NobleofDeath16 is pulling together a presentation of our portfolio to help make a case of why we should be awarded a space on the con floor. I'm not worried as far as this goes because I believe our set up has a good draw for people and is interactive enough that we will be on the same level as some of the other groups that get invited every year.

However, in addition to that, we need to have a presence at the Planet Promo events between now and con. I'm part of a Facebook group where these opportunities get posted. Since not everyone is on Facebook, I will use this thread to post opportunities. In addition, I'm going to ask if we can get a list of future promo events that way if people outside of KC want to come they can plan for it. Working these promo events not only helps us as a group but, if you work a certain number throughout the year, you can actually earn a free pass to Planet. I'll be sure to post in the discord as well when there is a new promo event posted on this thread.

We got this!

NobleofDeath16 Littlefoot1221

If you guys need or want any help putting a presentation together let me know. I've got a good bit of free time till I start my classes for the next semester and can lend a hand with things.
I will take you up on this since with my work schedule still being nights i get very little time to really work on this before needing to go to bed lol

Let me know what I can do! Im slowly printing my ODST It’s done before con. 4 3D printers is a great thing

We have several pictures from GalaxyCon showing the booth and our members in action interacting with the public that might be good for portfolio or presentation on what our organization can contribute to a Con. There are pictures in the MidWest Facebook group, as well as the Google Drive set up for the convention. Apologies as I'm currently on my work laptop which does not allow me to access the Google drive to get the link right now.

It also be worth looking through the various Outpost Discovery event pictures to find some good pictures tat showcase our group in action.

Good evening!
There is a Planet promo event opportunity coming up on Feb 25th at a new show in Topeka, KS. It's called the Great Overland Comic Convention. Essentially you would help work the Planet Comicon booth at this show. You'll be talking to people and telling them about Planet and how to sign up to win a free pass. The official Planet people will give you the info when you get there. It's typically two 4 hr shift options or you're welcome to stay longer if you prefer. You shouldn't need a ticket to the actual con to get in since you'll be helping work it.
Here is the facebook link to the event: https://fb.me/e/2b5cqICXF. Also feel free to add me on facebook and I can add you to the group these events get shared in.
If you don't have facebook, the event will be at Great Overland Station, 701 N Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS from 10am-6pm on Saturday.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go but I can make sure you have contact info for who will be there.

Is the booth size at planet the same as galaxy? Just curious for size reference. The booth layout worked fabulous at galaxycon in my opinion. It gave a good opportunity for people to ask questions at the table, as well as being out of the way for photos. And I posted else where but I live 20 min from Bartle hall. So I'm not sure when everyone is getting in but i can meet whenever to help with the booth set up and what not

Is the booth size at planet the same as galaxy? Just curious for size reference. The booth layout worked fabulous at galaxycon in my opinion. It gave a good opportunity for people to ask questions at the table, as well as being out of the way for photos. And I posted else where but I live 20 min from Bartle hall. So I'm not sure when everyone is getting in but i can meet whenever to help with the booth set up and what not
Same size as galaxy, a couple of us are getting there on thursday afternoon to setup so we should be good there. Still waiting to hear back anything else about when we can expect to start setting up or how many passes we will have if any though.

We will have 8 vendor passes to pass between members to staff for booth for the day and build/teardown. Still finding out further details on times and any other pass privilege's we may have such as discounts and the like. I was also able to discuss a discount code but the compromise is having a schedule of who will work the booth when. Not a bad trade off just a lil extra work is all

Last edited:
Fallen went ahead and got a schedule sheet together like Galaxy con for folks to sign up for available times at the booth. Please refer back to the original event posting for sign up details and the sheet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back