Planet Comicon Kansas City Info and Roll Call: March 8th 2024 -March 10th, 2024 (Kansas City, MO)

For dinner Saturday night, since there’s a lot of us Pizza Bar over in the Power and Light District was suggested. While we can’t get a “reservation”, it is open seating and we should be good if we send a few people to scope out tables. Its also waking distance from most of the hotels and the convention center

Hey! its finally the week of Planet! can't wait to see everyone!

is anyone planning on being there early friday? Crimson and I are trying to plan when to arrive in town as we are driving from Illinois and cant check in until the afternoon from the sound of things. Wouldnt mind maybe grabbing a bite to eat or some coffee before the day starts.

is anyone planning on being there early friday? Crimson and I are trying to plan when to arrive in town as we are driving from Illinois and cant check in until the afternoon from the sound of things. Wouldnt mind maybe grabbing a bite to eat or some coffee before the day starts.
Can't wait to see you guys again!! Wish i could be there early, but I won't be getting there till about 12:30 because of work.

Last edited:

Theres a good group of us showing up thursday so we can definitely work something in.

Ill be there at open.

Reminder of some general guidelines to follow this weekend

1. Booth etiquette: please be respectful to all the con goers and employees! Be respectful to everyone that approaches the booth, strike up conversations and make a good impression.
2. Please keep swear words to a minimum there will be children!
3. DO NOT AIM WEAPONS AT ANYONE! If someone asks for a photo asking for you to aim your weapon at them kindly tell them we are discouraged from doing that.
4. No T Bagging! Be professional
5. If people are interested in signing up for the 405th be sure to point them to the forums first! Don’t advocate the discord until later!! If they as if we have an Instagram we do it’s 405th_midwest
6. If people ask where they can buy something on display direct them instead that the forum is free to join and has files, templates, guides, tutorials, and a community that is here to help them make their own stuff.

From the planet organizers:
We have a wonderful opportunity to spread some cheer to about 850 elementary kids that will be arriving at T-Mobile Arena. We have partnered up with the Big 12 Women's Basketball Tournament and they would like us to provide cosplayers for their pregame period on Friday March 8th, 2024. We start at 10am and finish about 11am when the game starts. The game is themed as the WIN for KC Reading & Fitness Challenge game. We are to meet at T-mobile arena early enough to dress out and be ready to go at 10am. They are working on parking for us and a place inside to change and store materials. I would love it if you can join us. Just let me know!

Due to limited parking, we will need to coordinate carpooling. Only one car per will be allowed at the dock for the entire 405th.

Please ensure you're in costume and ready to go by 10AM. I would like to aim to arrive no later than 9:30, preferably by 9:00-9:10.

The event will run from 10AM to 11AM, catering to a school trip with over 850 kids.

Professional conduct is mandatory.
Any violations of our rules or unprofessional behavior will result in removal from the event.

I would like to just add seeing as this is a charity event, the professional conduct is mandatory clause. If I have to eject anyone from this event, you are ejected from booth participation and 405th activities for this weekend PERIOD. Be on your absolute best behavior and represent our community standard proudly.

Has anyone started a google drive photo repository yet? The link in the first post of this thread is to last years folder.

Thanks for the photo op on Sunday! It's become a tradition to take our nephews on Family day and it's always fun to pop by the booth. I'm not quite there to be claimed by Midwest Regiment yet but I claim you all anyway! :) Thanks for the sticker flair! They were perfect additions to my PC collection!

Attachments

• 431755901_1452336335717162_5464545357170504873_n.jpg
    431755901_1452336335717162_5464545357170504873_n.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 431725156_257596047319261_1580580184067131328_n.jpg
    431725156_257596047319261_1580580184067131328_n.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the photo op on Sunday! It's become a tradition to take our nephews on Family day and it's always fun to pop by the booth. I'm not quite there to be claimed by Midwest Regiment yet but I claim you all anyway! :) Thanks for the sticker flair! They were perfect additions to my PC collection!
Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad you all had fun!

Nice of you to stop by, glad to hear the whole family enjoyed it!

Just a few more posts, you're almost ready to join the great wide cornfield!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back