Plasma Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what lights you use... and also how would the light be able to shine through...

Pepakura is just used to start you off... It's not the final product... Most people fiberglass it to reinforce the paper and different things...

Macattack64 said:
It depends on what lights you use... and also how would the light be able to shine through...

Pepakura is just used to start you off... It's not the final product... Most people fiberglass it to reinforce the paper and different things...

I was going to reinforce it with fiberglass and then put wires that would glow blue around the edge of the blade... I wanted to know what store sold that kind of wire.

By wire I mean those neon lights used for "Open" signs in stores and junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that an insult or the truth? then I may just fiberglass the whole thing and not use pepakura... That puts me back a bit because I don't have plaster to mold the handle or blade

merrik_matsumura said:
is that an insult or the truth? then I may just fiberglass the whole thing and not use pepakura... That puts me back a bit because I don't have plaster to mold the handle or blade

FIRST OF ALL you want to use el (electroluminescent) wire
SECOND you would need a gas generator with you if you wanted to use a neon tube.
THIRD. a neon tube inverter supplies enough power to light up the empire state buildin so unless you want to die by accident i wouldnt use a neon.
FOURTH you could us 4"/6"/12" cold cathodes and buy the battery pack for it. that is a deal less lethal, much cheaper. about 8 dollars for 2 tubes and inverter. and it is portable.

why dont u just ask sean what electronics he used. i ask him stuff all the time. and ask link o he knows alot of that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back