Plausible Power Source Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

So I was thinking that with all of our suits having electronics of some sort, we need an easily accesible power supply, that can be changed when it runs out.

I was thinking That if I used the HP/Halo Chest,
180px-HP_HALO_JFO.png

There are the two grenades on the front of the chest, and along the bottom, sort of like an ammo belt.

Well, I'm noticing that those Grenades are probably about the size of a D battery. So, if you had a Cap that housed the wires that connected to the D battery, you could paint the D battery, connect it to the cap, and it would look like a grenade. Connect the caps to electronics in your suit, obviously with the right resistors/capacitors, and in a logical circuit, and you'd have your power supply. When a battery runs out, buy a new one, re-paint it, stick it back in. Or buy rechargeable D batteries and paint those.

Good idea?

Attachments

• 180px-HP_HALO_JFO.png
    180px-HP_HALO_JFO.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 122
Maybe. Or, you could build the HP/HALO chest and cut a compartment into the grenades (as opposed to making the grenades batteries). I was actually thinking of using the back of the armor and up around the shoulders.

That's actually a good idea, but there's nothing to stop you clipping a removable 9v inside the chest piece, is there?

The idea is that it would be both practical, and appeasing to the eyes. It seems like it would be more work to make the grenades, and cut a section of the out to fit a battery, as every time you opened them back up, you'd risk damaging them. I wouldn't want the battery on the inside of the chest piece for heat reasons. And yes, You could easily wire these batteries to the rest of the suit, sealing them in against the inside of the suit with resin or bondo, anything to make sure it stayed safe. Creating the circuit wouldn't be too bad, and we could pretty easily put in a circuit board somewhere, on the back or something, if you needed more complex functions.

Love the idea but would it be possible to wire to the rest of the body but still keep it as separate pieces?

all you would need would be simple plug-ins. theres tons of different possibilities. Heck if you wanted to go really cheap you could just tape the two wires together every time.

Oh, the wonders of taping wires together. Screw up and touch the wrong two wires, short the entire suit. Did that with a small motor scooter once. whole lot of $130 dollar wasting fun.

You could do that. However, I think the best bet would be buying something like this and using some foam to mount it inside of your chest or helmet, and then use some wire and one of these and one of these to break the cable if you want to run power up to your helmet or to other armor pieces.

Well, it only shorts out if you're wiring it while it's live. Safety would dictate that you remove all power sources before wiring. And then making sure to wire each thing individually, using color coded wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back