Playing Odst Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just the seeing of the campaign, that's it. I'm so used to playing without and with the radar I hardly notice it, only useful in multiplayer.

Adam said:
Armored Police?

bd73c93f3e.jpg

That reminds me I gotta get some scnas of the new Xbox mag. They had a Halo ODST article in there that had some shots of the New Mombasa Police Department.

Pretty much looks like the Marine helmet w/ a visor on a soft armour vest from what I recall.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, romeo is.......
SARGENT JHONSON!!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOL. but really i wasnt expecting him to be black, this proves bungie is not racist, lol no i joke!

Coincidently I'm going to play the French version at my friends house in about half an hour.

I shall bring back proof and a little review :)

He hacks xbox's as well as me, So he got the download somewhere, Though my xbox broke :(

Adam said:
WTF at the ODST being able to pull a turret off and use it?

Well, you know, just because in H3 only Spartans and Elites are carrying Turrets must not mean that ODSTs or Marines need an Exosuit to pull them off. How much weights the Turret by the Way? Because only it looks heavy it doesnt mean its heavy.

At the Weekend i came in Contact with a very long SCAR Rifle, it looked heavy, but it was light like a casted Helmet.

But anyway, it does look a little curios^^

HaloFreakX said:
?

It's the French version, Microsoft is going to get them though. There getting spammed all kinds of messages and I couldn't take anymore.

They bought it legally in France. People who bought it early because of the distributor's fault will not be banned for playing it. People who played the leaked version will however.

Just played the french version myself. It's AWESOME.

GruntOfAction said:
People who played the leaked version will however.

:unsure

I can't wait for this game, it looks really good! I wonder what the Vidmaster achievements are (don't tell me lol).

Sisko4 said:
Well, you know, just because in H3 only Spartans and Elites are carrying Turrets must not mean that ODSTs or Marines need an Exosuit to pull them off. How much weights the Turret by the Way? Because only it looks heavy it doesnt mean its heavy.

At the Weekend i came in Contact with a very long SCAR Rifle, it looked heavy, but it was light like a casted Helmet.

But anyway, it does look a little curios^^

SCAR rifles are light because they're primarily made out of plastics (or "synthetic polymers" if you want to sound high tech...) . A minigun like the ones in Halo would be heavy as it seems to be mostly metal in construction, plus the barrels are long. It would be like trying to carry one of those 50 calibre machine guns...you can, but it'd be unwieldy, you'd want to drop the darn thing real fast, you would have great difficulty in trying to hold it in a way that it could be shot, and you wouldn't be able to hold it still at all if you did manage to shoot it.

But it's a video game...so oh well. =P I asked a couple of the guys on the ODST gamestop tour this same question and they were all just as confused.

HaloFreakX said:
The stuff is pretty much the same as Halo.

Uh...maybe because it IS Halo? :/

BTW: I'm sure 500 years in the future, we'll be able to make lighter and stronger metals. Hell, the turret might even be made of the same stuff the armor's made of.

lol. The New mombasa Police helmets look almost identacle to the ORIGINAL marathon helmets.

on the turret discussion... Lets not forget people that when a Spartan Carries this heavy ass turret, it slows him down. So what chance does a normal human have at picking one up, wielding it, and walking?

the answer is None

the ODST's arent necessarily stronger than your average marine, but they are far superior warriors. they are Battle Hardened, they are the best of the best... but no-where has it said that your ODST member can lift 200 pounds more than you average Marine.

DreadMullet said:
on the turret discussion... Lets not forget people that when a Spartan Carries this heavy ass turret, it slows him down. So what chance does a normal human have at picking one up, wielding it, and walking?

the answer is None

the ODST's arent necessarily stronger than your average marine, but they are far superior warriors. they are Battle Hardened, they are the best of the best... but no-where has it said that your ODST member can lift 200 pounds more than you average Marine.

Though after playing ODST for the first time today, I noticed how you walk FASTER holding a turret than John does in the Halo 3 campaign.

anyone else think the wheight in the future will be different? maybe a 1 inch sheet of steal will be the possible eqivelant of say a 2 mm future peice of steel. same possible strenth and durability but in a way lighter.

oh and marines dont have to deal with the heavy armor to lug around too.

sorry if this is like a mini necro post but in the desperate measures vid doc, it shows romeo without a helmet. its preyy clear what he is. it also shows dare and buck without helmets. you can also see dutch when his visor is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back