Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cautious:
every kind of fiberglass resin and cloth works just as well as the other. I suggest buying the cheapest you can find. just go into a hardware or auto store and ask what they have.

Home Depot also carries all the stuff you need. It should be in the same aisle as the paint and glues.

Privateer said:
Make shure you buy fiberglass mat instead of cloth its a whole lot easier and faster.

contrariwise is correct. cloth is easier. he he.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh to each their own I guess for me it is easier to work the mat into complex areas it seems to conform to the angles better. The important thing is use whats better for you be it for ease of use or ease of finding it locally.

I would suggest getting a container of Acetone as well as a few cheap brushes.

The difference between Mat and Cloth is... cloth is a lot finer, mat is going to be a little thicker. If you are fiberglassing a curvy sword with lots of details, (styrofoam base) you will want the cloth as it will show the finer details a LOT better.

A lot of people prefer to use the mat, I like to be different... I prefer the cloth myself as I 1st started fiberglassing using it on props and exterrior building projects.

If its not in the paint aisle, it will be in the automotive section

well if ur in Austrailia its a little harder to come by, i tried everywhere but eventually went to a Supercheap Auto... (local car supplys) and got some fiberglass repair resin, pretty cheap too =D

Shackz said:
well if ur in Austrailia its a little harder to come by, i tried everywhere but eventually went to a Supercheap Auto... (local car supplys) and got some fiberglass repair resin, pretty cheap too =D
Ughmm.. I live in hawaii.. LOL So its not easy to find stores in such a small island :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK we call the 2 types, mat (thick) and tissue (thin). Might not help you but just in case you don't find cloth in the stores you frequent.

Do you have a walmart there? If so they "should" :cautious: have some Fibergalss Resin, cloth/mat in there If not than go with what these guys said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back