PLEASE tell me i didnt screw it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN 731

ok i glued the pep helm all together but there are some holes... were i can see inside the helm with the flaps didnt match completly up... does this mean i have to do it over again? it took me forever to cut out, draw lines and glue....

You dont haft to do it again (if they arent superbig holes)..

And it may look huge cause you scaled it wrong or didnt..

xobx said:
You dont haft to do it again (if they arent superbig holes)..

And it may look huge cause you scaled it wrong or didnt..

well i dont know it fits perfectly on my head it just looks big... and the holes are smaller than half a dime

Last edited by a moderator:
ok ill post some pictures in like an hour.... it (the helm)is at my dads house so when i get them up ill bump this thread because i could really use advise.... also is there like a good order i should build the armor in
i was going to do the chest plae next but idk

ok its mark 5 and i didnt scale anything i just used tut's tutorial and printed,cut, folded, and glued...

i just finished glueing last night

Ok well if you didn't scale anything don't bother fixing the holes cause you will need to do it again. An unaltered scale (like what you did and I did the first time) is for someone who is 7 feet tall. My helm was also huge and I had to redo it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But at least you caught it early and you didnt finish any other parts.

My first helm[attachment=1511:picture_015.jpg]

And my second helm after I scaled it [attachment=1512:picture_070.jpg]

I agree. Those files are set up for a titanic sized human. Scale that thing down or else you will finish the suit and wonder why the top of the shins are brushing the inside of your thighs...and for that matter why the helmet makes you look like one of those mushroom dudes in Mario.

The Alex said:
I agree. Those files are set up for a titanic sized human. Scale that thing down or else you will finish the suit and wonder why the top of the shins are brushing the inside of your thighs...and for that matter why the helmet makes you look like one of those mushroom dudes in Mario.

WHATTTT uggghghhhhh it took forever to cut out and everything wahhhh how do i scale down?

Check out the scaling thread...

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1804

I know how you feel, I screwed up the size twice. I made three helmets, the first two took me a week each to make. The last one only took a few days because I knew what I was doing. I use these steps to make all my pepakura pieces.

Cut out all pieces
Pre-fold all pieces
Layout and match all numbers
Assemble

You will waste a lot of time stopping to perfect folds and finding the right pieces.

SPARTAN-731 said:
WHATTTT uggghghhhhh it took forever to cut out and everything wahhhh how do i scale down?
Keep it to 1 thread, 3rd time I read similar stuff from you in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back