Possible Armour Strapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that seat belts are woven the same way that that black webbing you use for buckles...nylon and such...

I would say heck yeah! Anything that can hold 150lbs back from a crash should be able to withstand 2-10lbs of armor. Not to mention, you aren't decelerating your armor from 60-0 really fast. Go for it!

Good point. The buckles appear to be chrome on the marines. I was looking in B&Q today at black straps, black Velcro and also gloves, and black undersuits. I was also wondering about elbow and knee pads for the marines. I have got the belt and leg strappings near the holster-like thigh pieces. I also now have magnum black boots and soon will get desert style combat clothing. The straps would need to support armour and also need to be ajustable. If under armour then it would not matter what it looked like as long as it's comfortable and strong. :)

Peter Cooper said:
I think the issue would then be, to get the best out of the hardcore strapping, what would be the best buckles?
Look for parachute-grade hardware. It's pricey, but you can find stuff good for a 2000 pound tensile load. Parachute grade nylon webbing is available in various sizes, strengths (and colors) and is pretty stout stuff. I'd call that overkill for our purposes, but what's wrong with a little overkill? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back