Possible problem with prefect shin

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobtastic19

I constructed the prefect leg piece and altered it so it'd fit me length wise but there's these huge gaps where my leg doesn't meet I'll show you.

Attachments

• IMG_9140.JPG
    IMG_9140.JPG
    908.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_9141.JPG
    IMG_9141.JPG
    810 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    885 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_9143.JPG
    IMG_9143.JPG
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 286
I think your only option is you'll have to size it down a bit..... you'll be surprised how much a difference a few centimeters make and you may have to line it with some EVA or something . Like paiganboi said other the size your pep work looks great. What type
Of build is this? Is the shin suppose to be so large?

You probably just want to scale it down. Are you scaling per piece? Because if not I have a suspicion that your suit is going to be too large.

Unfortunately, this may just be a case of video game assests not really corresponding to reality. If you look at the armor:
PREFECT-class Mjolnir - Halopedia, the Halo encyclopedia
You can see in game it does seem to have that bigger bump out in the back of the shin.

With Pepakura, if the scaling is locked, like it usually is, when you scaled up the length/height it also would have automatically increased the width as well, to keep the same proportions as the original model. In this case, because of those goofy proportions in the original model, it results in a situation like this.

Armorsmith by Randy Cavanaugh will allow you to disproportionately scale pep files. it also includes a digital dummy where you can import all of your measurements and fit the models to it. It is still in development but very useful.

Armorsmith by Randy Cavanaugh will allow you to disproportionately scale pep files. it also includes a digital dummy where you can import all of your measurements and fit the models to it. It is still in development but very useful.

Does Armorsmith only work with pep or does it also work with foam files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back