Pre-Deployment Check-In

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
As we gear up for Halo Outpost Discovery, Division has been getting an increase in Deployment Applications. While we are very excited and encouraged by the increased interest in the Deployment Process, there have been some issues and misunderstandings about this process.

As a reminder, Deployment is an optional process that offers recognition of a completed build and offers feedback on how you can further improve your build for greater Game Accuracy. It is not required for 405th or Regimental Membership, has no direct impact on membership, and does not affect and has no bearing on the overwhelming majority of 405th Events.

To help our members have a successful and smooth experience with the Deployment Process, Andrew your RMO, Spidermonkey60, and I have created this thread in order to answer any questions you might have about the deployment process or to offer any advice or feedback on your gear before you submit your deployemnt application. If you are not comfortable asking for feedback on your gear publicly, you can always feel free to PM either Andrew or myself and seek feedback privately.

For example, one of the most common issues we run into in Deployment Applications is a lack of proper images in order to evaluate a costume. While the Deployment Application Form lists that we need full front, full back, full side shots, very often on the initial application we only receive one picture or only “action” shots where parts of the costume are obscured. This thread would be a good place to ask if your images are good, or if you need more or clearer images.

The images below are what we are looking for in a Deployment Application:
DSC08774EDIT.pngDSC08779EDIT.pngDSC08780EDIT.png

For reference here is the Deployment FAQ:

And the Deployment Application:

Oof, “Game Accurate”? How game accurate do we gotta be? Because I don’t think I’ve ever built a set of game accurate armor. I tend to mix and match from games and add accessories like backpacks and hip holsters and whatnot.

How game accurate do we gotta be?

In terms of "Game Accuracy" for the Halo costumes we see submitted the two biggest deviations are Suits that are “mashed up” with Pop Culture characters like “Captain America SPARTAN" or “HALO Kitty," and Costumes that Mix and Match armor or accessories from across different games or media in a fashion not seen or described in any In-Universe media or references, and both of these examples/deviations are approvable at the basic Tier 1 Level, as long as there is a complete Halo Costume at their core.

In terms of "Game Accuracy" for the Halo costumes we see submitted the two biggest deviations are Suits that are “mashed up” with Pop Culture characters like “Captain America SPARTAN" or “HALO Kitty," and Costumes that Mix and Match armor or accessories from across different games or media in a fashion not seen or described in any In-Universe media or references, and both of these examples/deviations are approvable at the basic Tier 1 Level, as long as there is a complete Halo Costume at their core.
Alright cool, so for now I’d be a Tier 1 for deployment. Maybe some day I’ll make a game accurate one, but probably not any time soon. I like my hip pouches, they hold all my knick knacks and what nots.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back