Primer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth147

Hi i am going to be going out this weekend or maybe sooner and buying my paint. Now i was wondering if there is any difference between regular primer and primer filler? Like does one work better than the other one for this kind of use? Any help is appreciated.

well filler primer is like body filler in a spray can it sprays on thick. It is used to fill scratches and small dents. regular primer is more like paint. i use both i use the filler primer if i over do it with coarser sand paper, it fills in the deep scratches. when I get into the finer coarse sand paper i use the regular primer. i also alternate primer colors so that i have some reference how deep I'm sanding down in to the layers below. this also help make sure you have primed everything by giving you a color difference from the layer before and showing you where you have missed a spot.

papasmurf said:
well filler primer is like body filler in a spray can it sprays on thick. It is used to fill scratches and small dents. regular primer is more like paint. i use both i use the filler primer if i over do it with coarser sand paper, it fills in the deep scratches. when I get into the finer coarse sand paper i use the regular primer. i also alternate primer colors so that i have some reference how deep I'm sanding down in to the layers below. this also help make sure you have primed everything by giving you a color difference from the layer before and showing you where you have missed a spot.

perfecccto

Last edited by a moderator:
papasmurf said:

everything this guy said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool thank you so much for the information. That is like exactly what i needed to know. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back