Pringle's ODST Build + Other Cool Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pringle

Hey All, im fairly new here. I have another post where i started some foam spartan reach armour but i put that on hold.. permanently..
Me and my mates decided to make some odst's. Well i decided to and they said go for it. I purchased a helmet from a very nice fella im sure you will recognize it. I did so because me and pep are not the best of friends.. i also chose the most detailed and accurate one i could. Thankfully this one is super awesome and fits everyone etc.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

So i began putting on some air drying clay a few days ago. Here are some pics, hope you like :) If you can see its discoloured its because that area of the clay isn't dry yet.

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

Oh and heres some extra stuff i made.

This creed belt for ezio was super hard.. so small details
IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

And this is the mass effect costume me and my mate made

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

Update! I added more clay. Its oil based not air dry. Its smoother so i touched it up a bit.
IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg

Also started the first silicone coat! Reminder to self make a good stand, not one out of a milk carton... the helmet wobbles and now theres a dint in the mouth. Fixable but only after casting. RAWR

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

Stay Tuned!

We built the damn n7 in a day.. My mates was all 'yeah yeah it will be done in time for the fest ;)' But no. He had the chest done. Odst is really fun to build. Mainly because its lots of little parts not big bulky ones. Im planning to vacuum form everything but the helmet!

Another Update! So i put on two more coats of silicone using a thickening agent. Just means it bulks up the detail part of the mold more (less failure). Also cut the bottoms off some cups to make suction caps or what ever you call 'em! Took a picture of what product it is incase one of you is australian and cant get their hands on smooth on products.
IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Not sure if the plastic will come off later.. not a huge issue if it doesnt. But its filled with silicone anyway.
And heres the dint in the chin... >;l fixable but it will come out on every cast.
IMAG0169.jpg

Nice work, the sanding is by far the most tidous part. please post your results I am curious how that product works compared to smooth on.

Update! I found these clips at work. I think they will do as the attachment between the chest and body piece.
IMAG0178.jpg

ONTO PLASTER!!!! Did my plaster hard shell layers today. Very wet and i got old man hands.. using these bolts to hold em together when dry.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Oomoo is a smooth on product for box molding

Yeah i dont use any smooth on products. I cant get them affordable in australia. Its cheaper to go with a brand called Barnes located in my city. I've used Barnes before and it hasnt failed me yet!!! I use plaster because its super cheap and easy to work with. Takes forver to dry though as thick as i apply it :/

Do you use smooth on?

Heya fellas. Small update. No pictures as of yet sorry. Ill post them soon.

I cast two helmets. First one was a disaster and is all warped and i will end up throwing out. I think i was too hastey. Its sticky cause i didnt mix the rotothane properly and yeah gross. The other helmet was way better! Its still a little dented on the top and if you look hard enough, in other places too. But i filled it in with clay and sanded it to hell. I painted it and gave it to my mate for his birthday (he's getting a whole suit eventually). Once he takes some pictures and sends em to me ill post em.

ALSO i ordered by vacuum form material! Yay! i already made the box and frame just waiting on the stuff to be cut so i can pick it up. Im using HIPS and PETG as its highly recommended over the forum. So hopefully i wont run into too many issues! Ill post pics of that too sometime soon.

Progression has been slow lately sorry!

Awesome work so far! That is an amazing ODST helmet. I would love to see some pictures of your cast compared to your original.

thanks shrubpig and mrmikeman! The original helmet is from Hugh Holder (think i got that right). He game me permission when i purchased one of his casts to muck about with it and recast. Hugh's is sweet, i just found it a bit skinny in the front so i fattened it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back