Printing Out Pepakura Templates

Discussion in 'Halo Pepakura Costumes' started by SilverRosemary, Sep 7, 2017.

1. SilverRosemary

SilverRosemary New Member

Hello,
    I tried searching for my question but I couldn't quite find it. I have never used Pepakura. I'm a apocolypse larper, so never before has something needed to be so accurate; I've made my own templates.

My question is- Can I use a regular printer to print out the paper templates from Pepakura (using cardstock) or do I need a special printer?

2. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Depends. If the paper isn't too thick and your printer can pull it - yes.
    Many printers won't have any problems, some can. Mind that those normal printers are made for 80-90gsm paper and what you're using is 160gsm+.
    I used thicker - 250gsm and often have problems with printer having issues to pull the paper.

3. SilverRosemary

Thanks! I'll see if this printer can pull.

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

SilverRosemary, just to put it in to US terms: for using Pep, we usually use 110 lb paper. Its the same thickness and a standard business card. Most printers however are fed from below and the paper would bend to get to the printer heads. You would either need a rear/direct fed printer or a printer w/ a strong enough paper feeder mechanism to pull 110 lb paper in to it.

5. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

For what it's worth, I have not had any issue with any printer I have used, even a bottom fed one, pulling 110 lb cardstock, aside from the occasional page sticking together on large print jobs. But, always safe to test it first.

6. Bullseye

Bullseye

I use 110lb cardstock from Micheals and I have the world's cheapest printer from Wal-Mart and it feeds great.

7. SilverRosemary

Finally got my printer set up, so I'll let y'all know how it goes.