Project; Delta Uprise. Update 15.51b!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin pretty badass so far, more motivation for me to get on mine! Keep it up, can't wait to see the rest of your badass armor!

ShadyMailman said:
Lookin pretty badass so far, more motivation for me to get on mine! Keep it up, can't wait to see the rest of your badass armor!

Thanks for all the comments guys, but i just need alot of constructive criticism right now so hit me.

-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta realize, Finnish, that there isn't a lot you can work on at this point. It's pretty much perfect other than the parts you've already pointed out.

Nice job, especially on the Assault Rifle. What happened to the Legendary re-cast you were gonna do? That looked promising.

Friendly said:
Nice job, especially on the Assault Rifle. What happened to the Legendary re-cast you were gonna do? That looked promising.
Oh, nothing happened to it, I'm just waiting for materials to mold it. it's not cheap my friend...
And also people hated my 'recast' (because it's a 'recast') so much so i tought it would be safer to try to make a mold out of pep and sell that rather then the legendary recast...

I will eventually mold it, but i'm not sure when (propably this year tough)

-Fin(n)ish

Hey Finnish looks like we're competing now ;P It's been a while since u sent me a "help me" thread and u've passed me by alot, I'm still trying to fin(n)ish (corny joke but yeah) my 2nd layer of bondo, but my paint is a matte finish, so it doesn't need to be taht smooth. Just one tihng. WHat did you use for the hose inserts? I used .5" split wire loom which were too small but were all I could ifnd. I ripped it out and am putting something new in. HELP!

Rednimnam said:
Hey Finnish looks like we're competing now ;P It's been a while since u sent me a "help me" thread and u've passed me by alot, I'm still trying to fin(n)ish (corny joke but yeah) my 2nd layer of bondo, but my paint is a matte finish, so it doesn't need to be taht smooth. Just one tihng. WHat did you use for the hose inserts? I used .5" split wire loom which were too small but were all I could ifnd. I ripped it out and am putting something new in. HELP!
I just found the Hose inserts from my house, Just look around hardware stores and you should find them (get as flexible as possible).

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
I just found the Hose inserts from my house, Just look around hardware stores and you should find them (get as flexible as possible).

-Fin(n)ish

I have to ask... what is the deal with people bumping threads like this? o_O and by that I mean when someone copies their previous post, pastes it into a new post and deletes the old just to bring their topic to the top of the list. It's kind of annoying, and if someone is going to reply they will, no need to try and force people to...

Belakor said:
I have to ask... what is the deal with people bumping threads like this? o_O and by that I mean when someone copies their previous post, pastes it into a new post and deletes the old just to bring their topic to the top of the list. It's kind of annoying, and if someone is going to reply they will, no need to try and force people to...

They do it because they want attention. I think it's pretty pathetic.

Vrogy said:
If it's pathetic lock the topic then.
-Fin(n)ish
EDIT: I mean it would be nice to have some kind of a reply after finishing my helmet... i need some criticism.
But No, everyone ignores it... and the topic falls down to the 2nd... 3rd... and the 4th page for people to forget that it ever existed.

Vrogy said:
Lulz. I kind of agree.
Helmet looks good though Finnish! Very nice.

ResinGod said:
looking good i like how you sub'ed the standard gold visor for an iridium visor good job!
Yeah, i think it looks cool, makes the helmet look darker.
But the actual reason why i have 2 iridium visors is because i only paid 9 USD for both of them :) .

-Fin(n)ish

He was answering a question Belakor, And considering the question was posted yesterday and he answered it a little after, I really don't see how he 'bumped' his thread at all.

And Vrogy, That was really uncalled for.

Good Job on the helmet! Reminds me of the December commercial Chief's Helmet. Looks like the back needed a bit of cleaning up, but otherwise it seems to have turned out great.

Keep up the good work!

;)

-Doom

Finnish_Spartan said:
Here's my shopping list for new items:

Halo Helmet, shopping list:

2x HJC Gold Iridium Face shield.
Helmet padding (motorcycle liner).
4x Ultra bright leds.
2x Toggle switch
9V Battery
Soldering Iron
6x 12oz Krylon spray paint italian Olive
24oz silver acrylick paint
24oz Dark olive acrylick paint

-Fin(n)ish
i know im a bit late here but i only just read the topic.
but now i know were i can get Italian olive paint in the uk :)
krylon! they are the people that make the cammo paint which you use on airsoft guns!
now i may finally be able to get some!

anyway back on topic
great work! are you going to make your family wear the t-shirts and walk around in them to advertise your amour studios :D

pacbury said:
i know im a bit late here but i only just read the topic.
but now i know were i can get Italian olive paint in the uk :)
krylon! they are the people that make the cammo paint which you use on airsoft guns!
now i may finally be able to get some!

anyway back on topic
great work! are you going to make your family wear the t-shirts and walk around in them to advertise your amour studios :D
What, where, when, who, how?! Please tell me how and where to get the Krylon paint in the UK!
I can most propably ship it here to switzerland too! (if not i can ship it to the UK and take the train from Geneva to Paris and from Paris to London!)

lol, no (i'm just making the t-shirt for myself! I already printed 5 t-shirts!)

-Fin(n)ish

Doom said:
He was answering a question Belakor, And considering the question was posted yesterday and he answered it a little after, I really don't see how he 'bumped' his thread at all...

Actually he posted the initial reply at about 6 or 7am my time and then deleted that and bumped the topic with a new identical reply at 8am so he did actually bump it needlessly. THe bumping doesn't annoy me, it's just when it's done so rapidly that it gets annoying (there have been numerous times that different people have bumped their own topics this way after only a few hours :rolleyes )

And Finnish, people not replying is something you just have to deal with, my Recon thread often falls down to the second or third page after I've posted an update but eventually it comes back up... if you have to bump it back up after a few days instead of a few hours. But really, don't rely on other peoples criticism or praise when you build something, if you are building something just to get people to say it's cool you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

RandomMarine7 said:
Helmet looks great the detail is beautiful! I agree with you getting a different visor, but otherwise excellent!
Thanks for the (elaborated) comment!
Yeah i know i should get new visors... but i'm going to wait until i get this thing molded (and will then change the visors)
Right now it was a great thing to find these visors for 9$ (both).
I cant really find the faceshields in either Finland or switzerland...

Belakor said:
just to get people to say it's cool you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.
Trust me it's not just so that people would say it would look cool... i would actually need some criticism and more then 'it looks good' comments.

And yes DOOM knows what you where talking about.

-Fin(n)ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back