Project Exmarine To Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scrambling to get my shin done, since I have to make a mold from it, in order to cast the other shin...

Here is what i've got so far:

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

Looks very clean! Are master chiefs shin pieces symmetrical? I didn't realize because most people just make a separate one for each leg.

dantastic said:
Looks very clean! Are master chiefs shin pieces symmetrical? I didn't realize because most people just make a separate one for each leg.

Yes, they are symmetrical.

LastSpartan said:
Woah, it's looking great!

With what are you molding it? Rebound 25?

Yes, good'ol Rebound 25

Thank you both.

...After I posted the pics, I was referencing pics again I noticed more shaping I have to do get the knee cap closer to being accurate.
DSC01358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! what an amazing suit. love the details. :lol: maybe i should start with that pepakura-stuff too

Finnish_Spartan said:
Amazing job, how did i miss this?
How did you glue the visor in, and what scale is your torso?

-FSS

Well...I actually haven't glued the visor in yet (it's just resting in there under compression) , I'm thinking a 5 min epoxy should do the trick though.

I think my torso scale was 42cm.

Charlie13 said:
wow! what an amazing suit. love the details. :lol: maybe i should start with that pepakura-stuff too

Thanks. Yes, you should! It's good fun and gets addicting, I have a whole database of things I want to pep.

Haloween is almost here and i thought i'd share my exciting achievement with you tonight...the last piece that remained to be made.

My first complex casting!

DSC01379.jpg

Now I have two shins!

I have a lot respect for people that cast all their armor, man it's hard work.

Update Halloween night... Got dressed in it for the first time didn't even know how it was going to fit...

Missed winning $2,000 by 10 minutes... took 40 pictures with people... stopped traffic.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics more to come:

10-31-08_2326.jpg

10-31-08_2328.jpg

10-31-08_2330.jpg

11-01-08_0359.jpg

The suit held up pretty well, was in it for 6 hours walking around downtown.

ERADICATORofDTH said:
Aww you missed the contest?! That sucks, nothing could have beaten your suit. Great Job!

I'm so glad it's done and will be perfected by next Halloween...

I'll probably be able to win $3k in cash and prizes next year.

hmmm...now if only i could get out of this noob forum :cautious:

How did I miss this thread?! That is an Awesome suit! Yeah, you should definetly enter a contest soon! Great job! Do you have your AR done?

I would have loved to have my AR finished, but just didn't have enough time.

I'm going to take a break from costuming for awhile, but I will post any updates as come, in the months ahead.

Here's a few more pics from haloween weekend:

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

extreme camel toe shot!!! LOL
IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

Looking at these pics I really need to integrate my pauldrons into the pressure suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back