Prop/costume making challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamster

Hey guys, as the title says, what are the challenges of creating your own props/costumes these days? Has it ever been easier than pre-pandemic or you've been affected in some way given that some things seem to be in short supply nowadays? Please share it here.

I built mine during this whole Covid thing, and I think it was actually nice to have scheduling a little more open for me to do this kind of thing. It did make it challenging to go to a store to get some of the tools necessary, especially when my heat gun broke and I had to get another one.

Time (or lack theirof) has always been a problem for me. I've been very fortunate to have stayed employed through the pandemic but it's also wiped me out more than usual so it's even harder to get motivated to create things when I get out of work. Delays in shipping supplies have been a factor, but that aspect has affected everything for the world, so it comes as no surprise that it's affected prop and costume replication too.

Some supplies have been harder to source and pricing was a factor too. Thankfully, at least for me, things are starting to even out in this regard. I'd be very curious to hear other people's circumstances as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back