Prototype-DMR-NERF-WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaufman37

Hello everyone this is my first build im using a design from a pic i found on Google/deviantart by meandmunch.
nerf_halo_rifle_by_meandmunch-d30i3b7.jpg

So i have started on one of my own here is my progress so far
100_1876.jpg
100_1886.jpg
100_1893.jpg
100_1895.jpg
100_1896.jpg
100_1899.jpg
100_1909.jpg

This is my first post so feel free to point out any mistakes i made .

Thanks Kauf

PLEASE for the love of all things prop related; sand off all the logos and warnings!

Nothing looks more cheesy then a prop that says 'nerf' and 'Do not point at face' on it.

That's a good thought i think I'm going to sand off most of this first layer of primer and ill make sure to sand off the logos and warnings.

...until you need to prove to an overly zealous cop that your prop is, indeed, just a prop. Then they're a godsend.

If you're speaking to a cop in the first place that means you probably did something wrong. In the Mando Mercs club, we cant bring working weapons to cons for that reason.

That's a good point too i have to think about this, i do plan on using this is public/Halloween , but i might just make an orange cap i can put on the end of the barrel.

If you're speaking to a cop in the first place that means you probably did something wrong. In the Mando Mercs club, we cant bring working weapons to cons for that reason.
...hence the "overly zealous" bit. Even if it's perfectly legal, some police officers are just out to cause trouble that makes them look good, whether to please the public, or just their boss.
That's a good point too i have to think about this, i do plan on using this is public/Halloween , but i might just make an orange cap i can put on the end of the barrel.
I'd leave at least one magazine the old bright orange, too, that way you can load that one when you're out on the streets with it. And a tip on the rest of them? ONLY PAINT THE PARTS THAT WILL BE EXPOSED! It's a ***** trying to get the magazines unloaded and reloaded after they've been fully painted (at least for my Recon and my Longstrike...your mileage may vary.).

Just make a nice detachable orange barrel cover. Id recomend something similar to the square ones they use to indicate that a real rifle is loaded with paintball munitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back