Quakevirus's Ironman Mark V Armor Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude this owns. I am sure we could all be a bit more imaginative like this and create our suits outta other items.. scratch build style like Master Le etc..

Quakevirus, very nice job as I said on the RPF really nice looking. :cool

ironerd said:
scratch build style like Master Le etc..

Comments like that will not make you any friends here, guy's a bonehead on any forum you go to. ;)

It was Fetts that designed and built this armor and gave up all the templates. He is the one that should get credit for the work he's done, and helping others out not Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad. Good point Fin. Props to Fett for sharing and not keeping his stuff a secret. Helps all of us budget builders. Cheers!

Finhead said:

Comments like that will not make you any friends here, guy's a bonehead on any forum you go to. ;)

It was Fetts that designed and built this armor and gave up all the templates. He is the one that should get credit for the work he's done, and helping others out not Lee.

great job on the build this far! Im really liking it, especially after seeing the paint job.. it brought it to life so much more. Looking forward to future updates

ironerd said:
Dude this owns. I am sure we could all be a bit more imaginative like this and create our suits outta other items.. scratch build style like Master Le etc..

honestly when i first started this thing i never heard of masterle. obviously now i know who he is now through research for making his suit. i didnt really find any of his threads very helpful being the secrecy of his "methods". saying that he does do awesome work. anywho thanks for the comments!

Finhead said:

thanks finhead! its good to see familiar faces. :D Fett is the man for providing all this. without those templates i wouldnt have know where to begin.

carlino said:
great job on the build this far! Im really liking it, especially after seeing the paint job.. it brought it to life so much more. Looking forward to future updates

after i sprayed the silver and took the tape off i amazed myself. i told myself "wow..thanks f*#%ing sweet!" i cant wait to get the helmet pepped, sanded then painted. then finish the boots legs. this should(in theory) be done within a few weeks. ive already gotten a request for a birthday party appearance for a friends little boys bday in august. o_O

ok so the 405th has been down but ive still been working..started pepping a helmet. as far as my first pep goes i think im doing good sofar. i have a lot of sanding todo. im hoping my past experience as an auto paint and body man will come in handy.

4632471337_610d55df98.jpg

also i painted the cod piece. i still need to add details as far as the hip pods and what not.

i know it looks off it the pic but the front has elastic riveted in for a snug fit. it looks even when its connected to the torso.

4630598094_b9be4f979a.jpg

some of those pieces look so sharp on the corners =p but then again that goes to show just how much detail and time you put into cutting them out.

Looks great so far can't wait to see a finished product!

Hey Quake... any chance we can see you in the suit so far? You posted a pic awhile back but I'd love to see you wearing what you have done/sorta done so far.

Col Keller said:
some of those pieces look so sharp on the corners =p but then again that goes to show just how much detail and time you put into cutting them out.

Looks great so far can't wait to see a finished product!

thanks! definitely alotta hours put into it. ;)

project_phoenix said:
i myself was going to attempt the helmet, but those little lines are beyond my skill level.

the suit is quite epic btw.

for my first pep not a wise choise. it was for sure a learning experience. its actually coming along pretty good tho. all those grooves i ended up filling with bondo and im gonna etch them out after i smooth it down.

and thanks! i cant wait to get it done.

ironerd said:
Hey Quake... any chance we can see you in the suit so far? You posted a pic awhile back but I'd love to see you wearing what you have done/sorta done so far.

actually my moms came down to visit and insisted that i put it on for her. she took a couple pics. ill see if she can send em to me asap. i dont have any on my camera right now. for sure ill get some soon. ive been busy with the kid and havent had time to suit up ;) .

Sweet! Post ASAP if you get them! I know I am not the only one anxious to see.

quakevirus said:
actually my moms came down to visit and insisted that i put it on for her. she took a couple pics. ill see if she can send em to me asap. i dont have any on my camera right now. for sure ill get some soon. ive been busy with the kid and havent had time to suit up ;) .

troubleis1983 said:
definitly cool man! haha masterle has some competiton in the plastic and rivets department now lol

lol just wait till i get ahold of my sintra contact.. ;)

Keep it up and keep us posted. This is an interesting method that I've never heard of before and might use after my Mark VI armor is built and I finally start on my own Ironman build. I'm very interested to see how this turns out!

thanks guys for the great comments! :D i cant wait to get this finished!

ok so here's what i got so far on the helmet. i used Dubean33's markV helmet pep (sorry i couldn't do better on it Dubean33) and i have to say it was difficult. i ended up filling the grooves with bondo and im going to etch them out for a cleaner look. as far as the face plate goes, i just decided for this im just going to rivet the face plate open.( i dont feel like messing with hinges and all that at this time, plus i really need to finish the rest of the armor itself)

i still have some sanding a lil filling todo, for my first pep..not bad i think. here's some pics.

4643352066_8763e8450a.jpg

4642737539_ce111708e9.jpg

just realized the rpf is up on my laptop. no disrespect intended.

Quakevirus's Ironman Mark V Armor Build Wip (updated 6/19/10)

WOW it has been a while 405th!! ok so alot has happened, basically what im gonna do is repost somethings from my RPF thread to get everyone here caught up on this ironman build.

ok did some planning and digging around the house and what i did for the legs is this. im going to start from the shoe and work my way up the legs. i found a set of snake guards and i riveted them to the back of an old pair of DCs(gonna need a lil comfort in the suit) i will then add the plating to the shoes and the snake guards.
4650351613_3d714928dc.jpg

then i started on the plating today for the feet. (side note) thinner lined shoes would work better than DCs because the rivets grip range)
4660719640_4a58f76b84.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back