Question About Fiberglassing (I've Read The Stickies!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finhead, I would like to see, if you make MK VI armor, how much of the details that are left after a glassing on the outside.

Gakkenhead, density of normal resin is just 1,1 kg, resin doesnt weight much at all if you dont starting pouring it all over the helmet. You could use an extra coat on the inside. But I just coat the outside, then directly start glassing the inside.

Tahu said:
Finhead, I would like to see, if you make MK VI armor, how much of the details that are left after a glassing on the outside.

Gakkenhead, density of normal resin is just 1,1 kg, resin doesnt weight much at all if you dont starting pouring it all over the helmet. You could use an extra coat on the inside. But I just coat the outside, then directly start glassing the inside.

I would say I could keep 90% of them, kind of a moot point not a Halo fan in the lest. ;) But I work with this stuff everyday of my life so I have a bit of experience. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanding down fiberglass and bondoing fiberglass (to me) is a lot harder than just fiberglassing the inside and bondoing the cardstock with resin on it on the outside.

Finhead said:
I've fiberglassed on the outside of almost every piece of my build so far, I think it's going pretty good.

Yes, but the difference between you doing it and the rest of us doing it is that we're mortals. ;)

You? Not so much...

Sorry to bump but with Rondo you don't have to fiberglass at all? It makes the helmet hard like fiberglassing does?

it makes it hard, yes, but it is also brittle. rondo is used more for show pieces. if you want a helm you can drop without breaking try mud glassing

sdhoigt said:
it makes it hard, yes, but it is also brittle. rondo is used more for show pieces. if you want a helm you can drop without breaking try mud glassing

How brittle are we talking here? I would much rather use rondo than fiberglassing the whole thing, however I also want to be able to wear the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back