Question concerning left forearm folds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:evil: Elmers Ultimate Glue is like super glue or gorilla glue but cheaper and easier to use (at least for me)

Sorry for bumping, you've already gone w/ da glue but...

Well, to answer your first question. The easiest way to know where a piece goes is to use the "Check Corresponding Face" feature in pepakura. Right-click in the 2D unfolded window and the option will appear in the Right-click menu. Select it then click on the piece of concern in the 2D window and it will highlight red also automatically highlighting the piece's location on the 3D model

For the second question. The resin does eat through the tape. However, usually not enough to mess up your pepakura. I like tape to hold most corners even though it takes more sanding to smooth as it gives it a more natural rounded look to start with. Less detailing work for me later. After you have resined the outside though the tape will lose all of its adhesiveness, so never touch it until it dries.

wait im not gona sand mine unless there are bumps i like it angular it looks cool.... and thanks how long does it take to dry(fiberglass)
and you got pics of your armor?
and whats this

-.-.-.-.-.
--------
?

at least 2-3 hours to fully cure (depends on drying conditions)

Those are fold lines. You can specify which symbols mean what type of fold in the Line Configuration menu of pepakura

If you use tape on the outside, you will probably still want to sand the taped parts down as the resin will not completely diguise it.

example
bicepprimed001.jpg

I just opened it up in pepa myself and looked at that part and didn't see that line. Are you sure that it's not sitting on top of another part?

If not just ignore the extra line.

Here's what it looks like on mine.

LF1.jpg

Slow down a sec. My computer only runs so fast. No need to double post.

There is an extra smaller fold that makes the piece curve a little. You can view all the polys and the smaller folds by unchecking hide folds in Line Configuration

LF2.jpg

thanks =] im just doing this to get the basic of pepakura when im done im gona start on helmet and chest then redo this because i dont like tape looks messy glue ftw..

thanks lol i get pepakura now! =] i feel so happy crap i could have sworn i heard something rip...jking lol pics up tomorrow or tonight if i finish
lol im sitting at the computer working on pep while my brother is playing surfs up on play station 2 with maximum volume -.-

This topic has been fully cleaned out due to a new movement to keep the forums clean and crackdown on spam and useless post's.

No more offtopic posting or nonproductive post's.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back