Question for the 3D Printed Armor Wearers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the straps out of a cheap Home Depot hard hat to lift it off my head. I then lined it with foam to give it some sound dampening.

Have a look at my build post. I think I linked it a few replies up. I might make some sort of GoPro housing in the future for reasons.

View attachment 310838
That’s my fully 3D printed helmet after buddy filler, primer, and paint.
so where are you going to get the visor

so where are you going to get the visor

I found one on Etsy, but also someone on discord in the Mtn Reg said he'd make me one when he does his next batch of them. I also have someone from a local maker space that has offered to help teach me vacuforming when that maker space reopens at its new location.

I found one on Etsy, but also someone on discord in the Mtn Reg said he'd make me one when he does his next batch of them. I also have someone from a local maker space that has offered to help teach me vacuforming when that maker space reopens at its new location.
2 things 1can you send be a link to it the visor 2 did you recommend me a printer under $500 or was that someone else

Infill surprisingly isn't going to help you as much as you'd expect. Stronger prints generally come from more perimeters. Keeping a bit of flexibility in the structure will be more beneficial in the long run since a lot of the damage done to armour pieces is over extending and bending in one direction or another as opposed to knocks and punctures.

I like to add an internal fiberglass coating for a strong inner shell as well as a thin resin coat on the outside surface to help add a bit of strength to the overall structure.
I assume you did the outer shell prior to paint? Do you think a thin layer on top of already painted parts is a good idea?

I assume you did the outer shell prior to paint? Do you think a thin layer on top of already painted parts is a good idea?
It depends on the epoxy type and if you are not afraid of possibly yellowing over time.

so it's fiberglass 3d print and padding layers right
and does that fiberglass work with weapons

Basically. Print in PLA , fiberglass/ epoxy, then prep. I don't see why not, I would go more epoxy because of the heat generated from fiberglass. It could warp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back