Question For The Glasses Wearing 405Ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyphen

how do the helmets fit over your glasses. this is one of the things holding me back from getting a helmet right now. what is the point if i can't even wear it and see at the same time? let me know

I've never really had a problem just slipping the helmet on over my glasses, except the one time I made my helmet too small... But really, its not so bad, if it doesn't fit, make sure you have cut open the neck hole wide enough to fit in smoothly.

ya man same here, iv never had that problem, you shouldnt have any issues with it, unless the helm is too small like william said

//Jeremy

If the helmet is sized right and fits over your head you should'nt have a problem putting your glasses on before or after your helmet.

This idea is a bit original. Make the visor removable. Have it attached with magnets or velcro. Put on the helmet, put on your glasses, them put on the visor. Problem solved.

spartan.062 said:
This idea is a bit original. Make the visor removable. Have it attached with magnets or velcro. Put on the helmet, put on your glasses, them put on the visor. Problem solved.

The visor is inserted from underneath the helmet because of its size and could not be inserted from the front, and could not be inserted from the bottom because someone is wearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it "Question for the 405ths wearing glasses"?

Just a thought.

And like what ImaGonnaGetYou said, there are always contacts.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
The visor is inserted from underneath the helmet because of its size and could not be inserted from the front, and could not be inserted from the bottom because someone is wearing it.

This idea is from someone who is still just pepping. I had no clue.

spartan.062 said:
This idea is from someone who is still just pepping. I had no clue.

Didn't mean to sound offensive, just making sure nobody makes a comeback like "how do you know?" or something of a similar nature.

When you make your helmet make sure you measure leaving room for padding. If you do this you should have no problems getting it on over your glasses. I worried about it at first but only with the first helmet that I made way too small. If sized right there is no issue.

I'm glad I came across this thread because I seem to be having a similar problem.

I am working on a MK VI helmet for my boyfriend, who wears glasses. The first helmet I did would NOT even fit over his head! I removed a piece and then he tried it.........but his glasses got in the way, so he took those off and then he was able to get it on all the way.

I then made the HD MK VI helmet and made it a little bigger. NOW he can get it on with no problem, but now it seems TOO big! D: I may have to take some pictures of him with it on and get some opinions since I don't really know how it should fit him. I have even tried looking at others WIP of a MK VI helmet, but it still doesn't seem to be helping. XD

Hyphen said:
how do the helmets fit over your glasses. this is one of the things holding me back from getting a helmet right now. what is the point if i can't even wear it and see at the same time? let me know

FYI, my MkVI scaled to 72 is NOT big enough to slip on my head when I'm wearing my glasses... but it's a bit tight in general, especially around my ears. My 5'3" sister was also unable to get the bucket on over her glasses.

After wearing glasses for 12 or so years (I no longer have to woot :)) I'd recomment placing the helm over your head then manipulating your glasses into it, opening the glasses up (if you haven't already), then cramming them over your ears. That's how I did it when I played football, some paintball, and fourwheeled (rode atvs/dirtbikes.) Inevitably, I switched to contacts for those activities... Hope that helps.

Cheers!!!

Ok so the whole glasses wearing 405th's is a description of the 405th members, so I'm sorry if I confused you, I thought I was tralking to more inteligent people. (just kidding) This is just the way I word things, but I have always confused people with my explaining and wording of things.

Secondy, I am to cheap and to squeamish to wear contacts. I just can't touch my eye, I, sorry.

But thanks for the feed back and I'm glad that it is possible to do.

I've found that adapting to contacts is the way to go. A lot of times my glasses would fog up even if the visor was mostly due to the close proximity to the face. I too switched to contacts when wearing any sort of helm, whether it been in costume, paintball etc. Plus I just like being able to wear sunglasses and see too. Just my two bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back