Question regarding approval/tier system

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonecam117

Hi all! I'm new here, so I've naturally got a question or two.

I want to make the Anniversary Mark V Chief, but as the files are unavailable in the armory I was going to use the closest thing: the Halo 4 Mark V. Would it impact my approval/tier rating if I made some changes, such as making the techsuit all black or using the more CEA-accurate FUD handplates, in order to be a little truer to CEA? Thanks!

Hello. I just wanted to start with a reminder that the Deployment System is an optional program here in the 405th. It is not required for membership, either in the Group as a whole or for your local Regiment. We sometimes get newer members who think that it is required and that their Deployment Approval, and Tier level has some bearing on their membership level or ability to participate with the group, which t does not. Deployment is just a fun program meant to recognize those members that decide to go for a high level of accuracy in their build.

For under-suits plain black is approval for Tier 1, however if in game the Under-suit has details, like the Halo 4 Tech suits, then we like to see the appearance of those details, either by paint, screen printing, foam, latex, or other rubber pieces, for a Tier 2 and definitely they must be present in some fashion for a Tier 3.

When it comes to mixing and matching armor components from different games or different media, those costumes are typically deployed at a Tier 1 only, as the Deployment program is based on comparing a completed costume to an established visual reference. That allows for an ease and a consistent basis for reviewing a costume. You can pretty much just go, "Does is look like the picture?" And different people could easily draw the same comparison. If a combination of armor pieces or sets has never been seen either in game or in some other media, it becomes drastically harder to impartially make a call on how "accurate" the build is, as then there will be some level of personal thought or feeling on whether the combination looks or feels "In Halo Universe." To try and avoid such subjective judgments, we will typically sort Mix and Match sets into a Tier 1 grade.

You don't need to be deployed to troop along with other members. The deployment is separate from trooping around.

There are on occasion some events that outside entities might request, and under those circumstances a deployed member would be asked to attend. But those are rare and far between. Here in mountain, there hasn't been one since I took over.

clonecam117 - the main function is to give crafters an unbiased critique of their suit. Friends and Family will most likely tell you it's amazing (because it is). But, some people want the hard truth to know that for the love of Halo they missed an indicator light on their thigh! lol

The other purpose is that if we are approached by someone like 343i or Microsoft and they ask for "only the best" then we reserve the right to only reach out to the highest tier of deployed members. (Keep in mind this has never happened in the three years since implementation). Even official events put on by those companies they don't mind all levels to participate. They love the passion just like we do.

r-chief-1-10-statue-mark-v-armor-upgrade-kotobukiya-pre-order-ships-october-19__32359.1461371614.jpg

In that case, I shall be using this guy for reference. I love me that screen accuracy- comes from being 501st :D

View attachment 262907

In that case, I shall be using this guy for reference. I love me that screen accuracy- comes from being 501st :D

Ouch, that last bit might hurt now that I’m gonna be honest, that mk V action figure isn’t accurate to the game, rather it’s more accurate to halo 4’s multiplayer.

Halo CE anniversarys armor is way different xD

But in all honestly I prefer the look of that action figure than the model developed for anniversary.

Same- I guess you could say rather than going for CEA chief, I'm making a H4 Mk V colored green and I'm CALLING myself Chief

It's close enough :rolleyes:

Sounds good to me. Halo CEA broke canon with some of the model designs anyway.

And that action figure was named “Master Chief” so i don’t think it really matters xD

CEA was a great execution of the idea, but IMO it suffered artistically. Lots of Reach models awkwardly rigged to unfitting CE skeletons with sometimes weird lighting, plus a lot of levels had their tone ruined (343 Guilty Spark anyone)?

But the H4 Mark V is obviously based off the Anniversary Chief and is my favorite version of the armor to date :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back