Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've gotten started on my armor (Helmet completed, Pep anyway, I'll start a thread when I get further). (y)

So, what I wanted to ask is:

If I make a good enough piece of armor, could I sell it (If people want it)?

Thanks!

Umm, well. I suppose you could sell it if you wanted to. I doubt anyone is going to buy a piece of paper though... most armor doesn't sell unless it's been fiberglassed/bondo-ed. And even then it's got to be very good... Most people only go for the molded armor.

Um, from what I know/understand, it's not really good to sell something for other than funds for more projects. Personal profit = no-no.

Your not supposed to sell PEP from what I understand. Media usage agreements and all that.

I can't find the license agreement. Link or a copy of it please?

I doubt anyone is going to buy a piece of paper though...

Well, I was speaking, when it's completed, meaning, Fiberglassed and bondo-ed.

And even then it's got to be very good

Yes, if it's not, I just won't sell it.

Personal profit = no-no.

?

it's not really good to sell something for other than funds for more projects.

So, keep it to funding other projects and I'm alright?

Last edited by a moderator:
OrrionCarn said:
Yes, I've gotten started on my armor (Helmet completed, Pep anyway, I'll start a thread when I get further). (y)

So, what I wanted to ask is:

If I make a good enough piece of armor, could I sell it (If people want it)?

Thanks!

Are you going to pay some income tax after you selling armor?

Basically you should NOT sell it for a profit. Sell it to pay for the investment of making it and to fund new projects. If it cost you 500 to get it to a point where you could sell it, then anything beyond that should be used for future molds, materials, etc. This isn't a money making hobby. If it was, it wouldn't be a hobby but a business. What I'm saying is this - you don't see Adam selling everything he makes. He trades his stuff for parts/pieces he wants and sells others to cover the cost of producing it in the first place. Be careful selling things. You may end up with a nasty letter in your mailbox or inbox.

Just do what I'm going to do when I'm finished. Screw around with random people and do stupid stuff.

? o_O

Are you going to pay some income tax after you selling armor?

Umm, no...

Sell it to pay for the investment of making it and to fund new projects.

Ok, so no go on making a profit for personal funds, but sell it to pay off the funds used to make it, and to fund new projects?

Ok, if that's the case, then looks like I'm not making a personal profit, but, at least I can pay myself off? Correct or Incorrect?

Oh, P.S. I was only going to start this to camp out for Halo Wars :cool: , but I could sell it afterwards to pay myself off? Correct or Incorrect?

err WHAT to do when you hAve finished it all??????
what you do is wear it, and with pride that you made it with you hands ,
rich

richiedude said:
err WHAT to do when you hAve finished it all??????
what you do is wear it, and with pride that you made it with you hands ,
rich

Agreed

rvb18 said:
umm i think doc was buying pep parts in the classifieds.
He is not buying the parts. He is trading a pep piece that you make and he will finish it, and give you a pull of it. no money involved (from what i heard)

and you guys, after you have finished a suit, you probably will be in debt, so that's why you mold it, make copies, and sell those. Ask Adam, or Spase, or DoC, or anyone who made pulls out of their armor. They are getting cash for more parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back