Props Ramna's DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Ramna

Jr Member
Hello,
I am new to woodworking. Here is my first wood project. I am attempting to make a DMR. I still got a little ways to go, but here is what I got.
photodne.jpg

Thanks guys. I am going to work on the details this week. I am also getting hooked up with a scope mount from a local airsoft shop. I am also looking at what scopes I want to get.

A quick update
Some of the pieces is glued on. Hopefully, I am going to pick up a rail mount today. I am also working on the charging handle area. I wanted to make a functional charging handle but I may not if my current attempt looks more realistic. I made a poor selection of materials to use for the detail. I should have used bass wood but I thought it was overpriced at the time.
I am using 1/16 thick paper and some cheapo not-so-thin wood, oops. When everything is done I'll go back a redo the detail.

As you can see my sizing is a little off. (a bit small, but my helmet is oversized, BTW) :(
IMG_0289.jpg

Here is the charging handle look I may go with. I like how the brass looks like a internal bolt thingy, lol.
IMG_0291.jpg

Here how I made it. I cut it to length with a radial saw, then I used regular scissors to cut the circumference to about a quarter. The material is a metal curtain pole that was laying around. Actually, I am not sure its brass...
IMG_0293.jpg

Here is a side view of the top part of my cheek guard. I was having a brain fart with geometry while trying to figure out how to make it. So I made it the hard way. Although, If I had a band saw it might have been easy to make while doing it the hard way.
IMG_0295.jpg

Won't fit under the scroll saw :(
IMG_0285.jpg

Front view.
IMG_0301.jpg

if it where me i woulda gone with balsa wood.. its light weight and easier to carve and all you would need is the wood, a razorsaw, xacto knife, and wood glue.... me and my family do alotta work with balsa wood... we actually use it to make vac-form molds for scale models like tanks an aircraft my lil bro tried doing a covie crusier

if it where me i woulda gone with balsa wood.. its light weight and easier to carve and all you would need is the wood, a razorsaw, xacto knife, and wood glue.... me and my family do alotta work with balsa wood... we actually use it to make vac-form molds for scale models like tanks an aircraft my lil bro tried doing a covie crusier

I also like balsa wood, but I wont start building with it unless I get a vac form table, however, I also do models that I plan to mold :D

Currently im working on a 1/72 scale Me-262, and a 1/72 Bf-109. Im going to make interchangeable parts for the 262 as I plan to make all the different variants.

I also like balsa wood, but I wont start building with it unless I get a vac form table, however, I also do models that I plan to mold :D

Currently im working on a 1/72 scale Me-262, and a 1/72 Bf-109. Im going to make interchangeable parts for the 262 as I plan to make all the different variants.

dude if u like that u should see some of the stuff my dad makes, he's had his models in a few magazines like ww1 aero and stuff, and now he's started a decal company for ww1 modelers.... but if you need to know how to build a vacuum-form box i think we have diagrams somewhere around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back