Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forum "ranks" are based on a variety of factors: number of posts, how long your account has been registered, and the number of "likes" you have given and received.

Upvote 0
The forum "ranks" are based on a variety of factors: number of posts, how long your account has been registered, and the number of "likes" you have given and received.

So basically thresholds based on x amount of Trophy Points or is there a secret other factor that's not immediately obvious to the unwashed masses?

Upvote 0
The ranks are based on the "Trophy Points," unless Art Andrews has some further secret algorithm that I do not know about.

Upvote 0
Now I'm kind of curious as to what all these ranks are named lol. Is there anywhere we can currently view them or is it secret until we unlock them?

Upvote 0
Recruit - 0
Grunt - 50
Drone - 100
Jackal - 200
Brute - 500
Hunter - 1000
Elite - 2000
Prophet - 5000

You might next wish to ask what the Forum Ranks/Titles do or earn you. Well, nothing really. The forum ranks are just a little system to reward members who are active and engaged with other members. The addition of the contributions to Trophy Points from giving and receiving "likes" was the primary reason we decided to utilize the Forum Title/Rank feature of the new forum software. Because the title is based on more than just post count, but on giving and receiving likes from other members, it is a means to encourage people to be active with other members and their threads, instead of staying insular to their own posts and threads.

Your next question might be why they are Covenant names. We chose to name them after the Covenant races, over some other suggestions, for three reasons. One, we felt it might be considered by some to be disrespectful to give people "Military Titles" like Private, Colonel, Sargent, and so on when we are just a fictitious costuming group, not a real military unit. Two, we thought it might be confusing to some people to have their Forum title based off of a UNSC unit, like Marine/ODST/SPARTAN-I, -II, -III, -IV, and so on if that was not the costume they were doing or had done. If you made an ODST, but your Forum rank was SPARTAN-II, you might think something is wrong, or it doesn't reflect your costume. Finally, we wanted to do our best to showcase and include all aspects of the Halo Universe as a reminder that while the majority of our members do UNSC costumes, we are a costuming group for all members of the Halo World, and encourage and include Covenant costumes among us.

Upvote 0
Thanks for clearing up the ranking structure, I too was curious about that haha.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but if we are in a Regiment it takes the place of our rank in the forum under our names in posts. Is there a way to display both our forum rank and the regiment?

Also I think it would be neat to have insignias for the ranks as well. I drew some up real quick that popped into my head. I like the 3rd row the best

405th-Ranks.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said, the Forum Titles are an acknowledgement of participation and engagement with other members. The thought is that once you voluntarily join a Regiment, you are making a definitive comitment to working with and participating with your fellow members. Your forum title is still displayed on your profile page for others to see. More emphasis is placed on the Regimental membership than in the Forum Titles because the Regiments are what we want to, well, "push," because while the Forum is a very important part of who we are and what we do and how we function, we would really love to see and encourage people to get more active and involved with their local members.

You can always request that Art Andrews look into displaying both.

Upvote 0
Just as an FYI, Art has been away for a couple of weeks for work. It might be a little bit for him to take a look at this and let you know what can and can't be done. As always, we appreciate your questions and suggestions!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back