Raskulz ODST Helmet - [Pic Heavy] [In Progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskulz

Welcome to my current Project, another standard Rookie ODST Helmet
>---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~<​

Hey there 405th! This is my first Pepakura Build, which happens to be an ODST Rookie Helmet. Without further adieu this was made using Kirrou's HD ODST Rookie Helmet, many thank's go out to him for this model/Unfold.

This is going to eventually be a very detailed and pic-heavy post showing how I plan on
going about all of my innovations. For now please be patient it will be a bit slow going with the Pep Process, then I'll be waiting for the Winter weather to pass
before going onto Resin, Fiber-glassing, and Bondo. When those stages eventually come it should go by a little bit faster, and eventually I will have a couple tricks up my sleeve ;)
In regards to both the Helmet and a couple Side Project's. But for now I'm remaining silent on that front :D

Current Stage, trying to get the side vents or whatever they are done.
8428193861_9cc9833f47.jpg

ODST Visor all Pepped

A good portion of the top of the helmet is all put together below with the Visor attached.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raskulz_x295/8428193861/

I'm just finishing up the Folding and Gluing process, finished cutting out and scoring the last few piece's earlier so I should have an update quickly with the completed Pep Helmet. =D
Think it might be a bit small :confused However I have idea's for that situation that I like which may involve magnet's... strong magnet's with a release latch or something. :D
Also, everything's being glued unconventionally using Hot Glue.. first attempt and I'm learning as I go that it can be at time's aggrivating. Lol

These thing's are probably the biggest pain in the butt I've even encountered with Pepakura... O_O Seriously, crazy intricate to cut out and insane to try and glue together.
8429411468_cabccd5c14.jpg

Alright here's another update, got sort of distracted and procrastinated after the side vent/light didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.
It was my first time Pepping for the entire helmet so all of this was pretty new, this particular part was the most intricate I found out of the entire Kirrou HD Rookie Unfold.

This picture really doesn't do the justice of showing how it went wrong, it's all mainly correct on this side however you can see at the top that it travel's lengthwise away from the camera it sag's a little.
8462241093_b1c20dd755_n.jpg

This is a better angle which shows it a little more,
8463337374_a46bdf89e9_n.jpg

And this front view show an abomination... something beyond a Rookie mistake :angry Lol, however seeing as I 'm not using Edge ID's on my First Build I would say that's no biggie :D However what went wrong here was I accidentally glue the Top Vent for the Left Side onto the Right Side... a little hard to describe but this picture does justice.
8462519653_7aec18b205_n.jpg

In the process of waiting to be able to print new piece's I finally finished; Cutting, Scoring and Folding all of my remaining piece's.. the last task left is Gluing - That is of course after I cut out and score these 4 piece's :angry Lol

Comment's, Reply's or Edit's

Thanks for the reply Rex! You asked for the Pic's and took a little bit longer to get Flickr set up and figure out how to BB code them into the MB than I anticipated but they're finally here. Hope you enjoy and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

[| :.:.: Side Project's :.:.: |]

Side project I did a while back, just a low-def H:3 grenade out of standard Cardstock w/ Hot Glue.

8428328335_3403c57422_m.jpg

Welcome! Can't wait to see what you've got done so far! ODST has always been one of the better looking builds, but I want to get my Mk VI done before I start something else, lol.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. We're all a big family here and will help you out any way we can!

Lets see some pics!

Rex out.

Thanks for the reply Demo, should be a little bit easier going now, unfortunately I'll have to wait till spring to resin/bondo.

Re-organized it a little bit, should be able to slowly get it all put together so the Thread will be nice and neat to view, alot more organized that it is currently.

Progress should pick up a little bit more now :D But as always feel free to comment or criticize, I'm open to suggestion's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back