Re-Coloring items in pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwebber321

well i have a printer that only prints in black and white (saving up for a color cartridge) but i want the items all white with the edge ID and black fold lines(i like them that way for some reason) but is there anyway to re-color the items in pepakura? im trying to do this because when i rub the paper when i folding it the black ink tends to rub off on my fingers, very messy and just looks so tacky.

I'm curious if the fold lines can be reassigned red or blue instead of the black and white dot dot.

i know that but i got it now. just had to search around and clicked that colored box at the top. had to color all the lines black again but was simple click and drag.

You can change all the things you just asked for by going to SETTINGS>OTHER SETTINGS>COLOR TAB

You can make the faces of the pep polygons white by changing the "faces without material" box. Play with the settings here, and find something you like.

You can also adjust the way the Valley and Mountain folds look by going to the LINE STYLE TAB. Simply put in values that make it easy for you to remember.

Have fun.

You can change all the things you just asked for by going to SETTINGS>OTHER SETTINGS>COLOR TAB

You can make the faces of the pep polygons white by changing the "faces without material" box. Play with the settings here, and find something you like.

You can also adjust the way the Valley and Mountain folds look by going to the LINE STYLE TAB. Simply put in values that make it easy for you to remember.

Have fun.

When I go to the settings it doesn't seem to have a place to change the dot dot fold lines to a red or blue color. Only line size, or spaces between the dashes. I went to the next tab with the colors but it only seems to change it on the 3d model only not on the printing 2d parts. I only ask because some files are set up this way and it has been easier to work with. Sorry if its a stupid question but I can't find it anywhere. The 3 pencil icon at the top lets you assign colors to your lines but they have to be done 1 by 1. Thanks

Right.

The best you can do is alter the color of the edges all at once. The actual fold lines themselves do not change color, only shape (dot or dash). You might see some pep work on youtube where the piece has red and blue lines, these are just the edges to help the builder, like looking for all the edge pieces in a puzzle.

As you said, you can do it manaully, but it takes forever. Your best shot it to leave the lines black, and change the patteren setting. You really can make it as easy as you want, just play with the ratio for LINE - SLIT - LINE - SLIT. The defaults it leaves you with are not that great, but you can change it to Valley's are dashes and mountians are dots and vice versa.

well time to update this since its 2020, but with since i'd like to jump in anyway for all future pepakura users, there is a button called "Set Material to Faces" and its right next to the light bulb icon, pressing that will automatically remove the colored textures and if you go to your print preview it should all be white with ID edges, if you have that turned on. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back