Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this method looks like it may open HUGE avenues for wearable, lightweight, non toxic, durable costumes. Infact, Id be willing to pay for a set of video tutorials :p

EDIT: Just read through the whole thread. Ill start experimenting on my own :p

I think this also opens up fabrication to apartment dwellers and those whose shops are located in non-climate controlled areas. You can work on this stuff inside. I can't wait to give it a try.

well for the most part inside, but to get some of the pieces to fit together well you sometimes have to dremal 90/45 degree angles on the edge. and that can get a little messy and the particles really stick to your clothes its like its gets inside the fibers and you cant just brush it off.

timecon........ i will give you my compressor and airbrush if you let me touch that reach chest plate with my pinkie finger........
im serious.....

ok worked all day today getting a lot done so here is an updated. also found out that a lot of my friends already have most the chest pieces finished doing the same method so you may be seeing a lot of this soon glad I could start a trend. now to pics

fb99470e.jpg

486aa093.jpg

85543d82.jpg

What tybe of foam do you use? I was thinking I could use foamies from Hobby Lobby but they are not very strong.

What tybe of foam do you use? I was thinking I could use foamies from Hobby Lobby but they are not very strong.
He's using EVA foam. It's a high density, high impact foam. It's available from places like Harbor Freight Tools as snap together foam flooring tiles.

yea, id say you started a trend- after reviewing the bioweapons blog i'm beginning to gain a greater understanding of how this stuff works. you certainly have to disconnect yourself from building things with pep, thats for sure. i am watching this thread with the greatest intensity, keep up the good work.

yea, id say you started a trend- after reviewing the bioweapons blog i'm beginning to gain a greater understanding of how this stuff works. you certainly have to disconnect yourself from building things with pep, thats for sure. i am watching this thread with the greatest intensity, keep up the good work.

thanks! you are sure right with that its like the old scratch building days.

I agree it's a whole new mindset but i have to admit i'm more comfortable building that way. You are really blowing me away with this keep it up .

well i think you blew the economic triangle out of the water.

this is so epic!!! you have know idea how many levels of jealousy i discovered in the short minute of looking at this thread!!!! i cant wait to see the helmet

Tim, I hope you realize you've opened a huge can of worms. You're going to have noobs banging down your door asking for tutorials and templates. And...uhmm... I might be one of them. :D I searched Harbor Freight, and couldn't seem to find the exact product you mentioned. Are they basically high-impact foam floor pads with jigsaw edges for connecting?

Tim, I hope you realize you've opened a huge can of worms. You're going to have noobs banging down your door asking for tutorials and templates. And...uhmm... I might be one of them. :D I searched Harbor Freight, and couldn't seem to find the exact product you mentioned. Are they basically high-impact foam floor pads with jigsaw edges for connecting?

yes you are correct, however I've been online chatting with a lot of people that keep telling me there out of stock in there area, I really hope they are not discontinue these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back