Reach Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys! : )
here's an update on my shotgun, I'm basically done but attaching the pump :p

002-3.jpg

I restarted my thighs, they were way too tight and when I was pulling them up, they snapped.
Lesson learned lol
I'm going to do Rondo today :D yay
I hate pep now -_- I've done the same model 4 times now D:

003-1.jpg

new model is MUCH better.
I can actually move around in it and I can add padding, LED's, strapping and innerthigh detail :D
not included in the pep file.

I started LED's today.
my first attempt came out great!
it's nothing worth taking a picture over : P
(all thanks to ThatDecade)
2 blue LED's for each thigh.
2 the front and
6 in the back haha

I just looked through this for the first time and I'm loving it. the shotgun came out great and the armor looks awesome. I definately like all the weathering you've put on it. I have to say, normally I don't like when people weather it that much but the way you did it looks reaalllyyy good. It looks realistic and really came out good. keep up the good work

@nrettenmaier - thank you! I was hoping someone would like it :p

YAY UPDATE!
first off, I got 2 sets of LED's done.

Here's the left thigh:
001-4.jpg

(it's not as bright as in the picture, the camera just sucks)
I eliminated the glow from the sides and everything.
The light's turn off with a 9V connector, you have to hook off the connector off of the battery to turn it off.

Here's the chest piece:
002-5.jpg

I used plexi glass sprayed with "glass frosting" so the light wouldn't look so see through :p

For some 405th pride, I made a stencil out of cardstock and spray painted it onto both shoulders, back of helmet and both sides of pelvis. Some look better than others, this is one of the worse ones lol

004-2.jpg

and lastly, I painted up an old MARK V helmet I made along time ago.
I might rondo the inside just incase, I already resined the inside a ton.
I'm definatly adding a visor, not sure what though, it's tiny so I don't need to see through.
I'm bringing this with me to FanExpo in Toronto because Microsoft is hosting a Halo Reach event and I'm hoping for Bungie to be there so I can get some autographs :)

005-2.jpg

still have to weather it some more and such.
only 10 days to finish my armour completely!
wish me luck :p

Doing the same thing almost with the iPod attachment. I'm attaching a holder behind my chest piece for my phone and hopefully installing a bluetooth headset in my helmet. We will see how well that works. :p

thank you guys! :3
UPDATE

009.jpg

I finished up my armour, all I have to finish is my knee cap, my friend stepped on it and broke it, now I have to repair it lol
now I have extra time for Reach, maybe I'll make a new noble team helmet :p

012-1.jpg

thank you guys! :3
UPDATE

009.jpg

I finished up my armour, all I have to finish is my knee cap, my friend stepped on it and broke it, now I have to repair it lol
now I have extra time for Reach, maybe I'll make a new noble team helmet :p

012-1.jpg
AHH the friend....theres always one lol. looking pretty sweet man

hey miky your work is absolutely awesome work... could you please explain how you get the visor such a perfect fit and also how your fan system works? it would be much appreciated :)

hey there... i haven't been using the same methods that you use for the helmets with the rondo and bondo.. i was wondering if you would be gracious enough :p to explain it to me, for example what is rondo? as far as i have it figured you resin the helmet, then rondo the outside? then do all the sanding back and detail?? and also.. fantastic work

Looks amazing man! Sorry about having that one friend who breaks your stuff. (usually I'm that friend, so I am trying to be really cautious now haha)

o_O.......... Headstub passes out of awesomenessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Sorry there I just nearly passed outXD That is so amazing!

Edit: Yey im post #100 :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back