REAL LIFE Jetpack WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRahl

Because I'm working on some Iron Man armor, I got inspired, and dicided that I wanted to build a jeptack. So far, it's only some sketches in a notebook (that has Iron Man on the cover...), but ASAP, I'll at least post pictures of that.
What I'm planning on doing is taking a tank of Hydrogen and a tank of Oxygen, having them go through hoses/tubes to a butterfly valve (from which I can control flow) which goes straight to a combustion chamber. From the combustion chamber, it'll go through hoses to 'boosters,' which I'll have to explain later with my drawings.

Is this the first time you have thought of working with a jetpack it's a lot more complicated than it seems, I've built two but I won't be building anymore, you could say I had a accident. Now on to your plans, you say you want this to be for an Iron Man suit, I hope you're not thinking of putting the stuff in the suit to fly with the suit because I can tell you right now that's just not going to happen now if you plan on making the jetpack and having it strapped to your back that's a different thing altogether and if you're intrested I can help you with your plans.

It's our policy not to encourage or discuss things that will get people hurt, and this certainly is one of those things. Jetpacks involve things much more complicated than two tanks, hoses, a chamber and butterfly valves, which is why millions- if not billions - have been spent on developing them since the mid-20th century.

In other words; prop Reach jetpack discussion=yes, real-life deadly explosive jetpack=no.

If you are very serious about looking into this I'm sure there are forums filled with highly intelligent engineers and physicists discussing this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back