Real Life WarMachine Armor Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kungfu4000

This Is A Project On Making A Real Life Military Grade Flight Capable Suit Of Armor, For The US Military. (Contracts Pending)

http://youtube.com/kungfuindustries1

-------------------------------------------------
Project Break Down:

Helmet (HUD): http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/12eg.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/xxh.png/
Armor Design: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/s0q9.png/
Armor Material (Vibranium): In Development
Power Source (WARJT): http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/warjtprototypeschematic.png/
Repulsors (Ion Thrusters): In Development
Boot Jets (Ion Thrusters): In Development
-------------------------------------------------
Videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
not trying to rain on any parades, but even if the technology existed to build a suit like this, its really not available to the public. at least not without an extremely large amount of money behind it. also, if youre really insistent about following thru with this, then i wouldnt use cardboard. like at all.

As a follow up post, not to discourage your research, I see a lifter there.... and you mention ionizing air for means of thrust. I must, say, after doing extensive testing with lifters and other "ionocraft" designs, ionized air produces no where near efficient thrust for even the smallest of payloads. In addition, pretty much any type of ionocraft uses massive amounts of electricity; a joule thief really wouldn't help you too much with that... Also not to rain on any parades, it's just some thoughts that needs to be worked around. :)

obviously i'm not done the design process.. besides i'm not sharing all my technical information, since it's property of kung fu industries, i'm only willing to share the concepts and ideas of my work... not full specs.. so think what you want.. but you would be greatly wrong.... i know what i'm doing.... :)

obviously i'm not done the design process.. besides i'm not sharing all my technical information, since it's property of kung fu industries, i'm only willing to share the concepts and ideas of my work... not full specs.. so think what you want.. but you would be greatly wrong.... i know what i'm doing.... :)
How is anyone going to take you seriously if your concept videos are just a bunch of copyrighted images and movie clips? What is with the kinex boots? Sure, if you are just using it as a mounting platform for the thrusters during testing, but why even include it if there are nothing but the "boots" there?

Honestly, knowing the amount of technology the government probably has that we don't know about, they probably already have things of this sort.

But that's just the conspiracy theorist in me :p

If this is meant for the military, why are you posting it on a costuming site? I thought things like this were meant to be kept top secret?

Also, if this was for the military, you wouldn't be useing carboard for sizing. Not to mention kinex.

Anything even resembling the armor in the Iron Man movies is completely impossible to build. Movies are all about illusion and cheating.

You can't use such a tight fit exoskeleton because the human anatomy is very different from simple machines; most limbs aren't rotating around a simple axis, and the muscle contractions change the volumes of the body all the time. The prop suits used in the movies had a lot of flexible parts and limited range of motion significantly; for much of the scenes only chest armor was worn by the actors, and sometimes just the helmets (and even those were replaced in post). Whenever there was some complex movement in the shot, it was using a lot of computer graphics.
This is all they were able to do:
Notice that this is not an exoskeleton, there's no way to amplify the stuntman's movement and force, the parts of the suit aren't connected at all.

There are examples of real-life powered exoskeletons, but those aren't nearly as tight or flexible as the movie suits. They're basically a bunch of servos, actuators, pipes and lots of wiring.

You can also see the greatest problem, which is the power supply - there aren't any portable reactors, nor is there any hope for them in the foreseeable future; and batteries are far too large and heavy to carry around.
Flying is also quite obviously out of the question.

So, in short, this thread is just far too silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL... flight capable! with Joule thieves....

not trying to discourage you, but what you are trying to do is impossible.... to lift 140lbs from the ground (140 to be optimist!) you will need an ginormous quantity of power in the order of Kva and ultra high current in the order of 30.000A

if you have a couple bilions of dollars it might be possible.

i don't even know why i posted here, i just noticed it is a 2010 dead thread.

Good luck bro.

But might I suggest using your, appearantly considerable, motivation in a more achievable endeavor? Start with something more manageable. Start with a pep'ed suit, fiberglass it, and then look at ways to make it well enough built to have movement natural and uninhibited. Keep re-peping and making modifications until it feels like you could go on a hike with it.

You could forseeably look at ways to make it bulletproof, either through Kevlar matting with ballistic steel plates, or ceramic ballistic plates. Find ways to obtain and form said plates in such a way that they will fit the suits design specs (this will be very difficult for ceramic since it is a composite which is hot pressed into shape at extreme pressures, and is then very hard and cannot just be "shaped" at will and if you use ballistic steel you can't just heat and bend it without compromising its integrity). All this is itself going to cost a few thousand on the low end, but it's not impossible to do.

Keep in mind that defense contractors have budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars with unlimited resources, and with the smartest minds in the world working for them, and yet still no ironman exists... There are reasons for this.

the pioneers of past technology were also discouraged ridiculed alot but they kept at it and here we are today with technology that would fry a 1600th century mans brain. I hope that you can build this although i presently don't see how, but just think of the first man to dive underwater with his newly (then) designed scuba gear and how his friends laughed at him and now we have nuclear powered subs. Look at the creator of the game pong, his friends and peers probaly told him it would never work and now we 3d games and motion sensing consoles. you have to invent many new technologies to get this of the ground. the power needed to run this thing is going to be big not to mention protecting the electronics from static, grounding out, and the mayham bullets and field use will cause, but i still really would like to see this built. please don't take this as bashing, but i have read plenty of crazy ideas here, they post a couple of times and then nothing. good luck and don't let no one stop you from bringing your ideas to life.

edit: crap. i didn't notice the first post date and his most recent one. oh well

i prefer going from cardboard to real material, cardboard is more cost effective, and versatile in shaping... then i get all the dimensions and the when i have the materials, then i build.... it's just like drawing a picture of something then making it real later.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back