Really Discouraged about my Mk V. CE build

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanH

I cant continue with the Mk. V, as its a lost cause what are some easier helmets to try instead? (I totally screwed up the helmet to the point where I either start over or choose something easier)

how come? is it the ominous feeling that you won't get it right? all of us had that when we started out, you just need to take a leep of faith.

how come? is it the ominous feeling that you won't get it right? all of us had that when we started out, you just need to take a leep of faith.
no i like actually screwed up i glued a few tabs wrong early on and now its just lopsided and weird looking, I'm just gonna start over

Kamui Cosplay is great, I also recommend Punished Props and Evil Ted. If you're struggling with the Mk V, that's OK! Helmets can be tricky to get right. Maybe start with a Halo marine helmet? Much simpler in shape but still very recognisable.

Kamui Cosplay is great, I also recommend Punished Props and Evil Ted. If you're struggling with the Mk V, that's OK! Helmets can be tricky to get right. Maybe start with a Halo marine helmet? Much simpler in shape but still very recognisable.
What foam thickness should I use for foam helmets? Thinking of making a marine helmet to get started like you recommended

Foam thickness on a helmet generally wants to be a bit thinner becuase of the angles involved and all the bends. I've seen it done with 3/8", 1/2" foam (10mm 12mm) but something closer to 3/8" or 1/4" would be nicer to work with. What have you got? And did you decide what helmet to make out of ffoam, becuase that could also make it easier or harder.

Foam thickness on a helmet generally wants to be a bit thinner becuase of the angles involved and all the bends. I've seen it done with 3/8", 1/2" foam (10mm 12mm) but something closer to 3/8" or 1/4" would be nicer to work with. What have you got? And did you decide what helmet to make out of ffoam, becuase that could also make it easier or harder.
I'm gonna do a marine helmet, then an ODST helmet

in my experience, foam is harder to build with than a pep is, having to figure out the angle cuts and factoring in the thickness...
Having to restart on a pep is pretty common plus since you've already figured out some potential problems the next one should be pretty easy to make right.
I guess what im saying is since you're familiar already with the shape of the mk V and I assume its the helmet you're most attracted to, you could just try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back