Rebostar's Ironman Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebostar

Jr Member
First, Dung Beetle, thank you for an amazing helmet build, internet pictures do not do it justice.

I hope the mod's don't slap me for posting without pictures. As soon as someone gets back here I will

get them to find the camera and post some.

Seeing as Abgates is struggling to get time to work on his armour files at the moment I thought I

would have a go at DB's Ironman helmet and I am so glad I did. This thing looks amazing in person even if I

do say so myself. I also now understand why builders are using tape, it's to get everything in line!.

I am about 80% done on pepping the head, just the lower back section and the ears to go.

I have about 10 hours on and off into this helmet so far, yeah I know I am slow, but I do have work and children to fit in too. I printed out onto heavy card and used superglue to put it together, I could

throw it across the room and it would survive. Oh and I didn't scale it, I just printed it 'as is' and it's

a perfect fit, bonus!.

There are a few minor quirks with the build, like the floating back and ears and the nose bridge. These

are things that are easily overcome though so don't be put off

Now I want the rest of him.

I know some are working on creating some high quality files so I am happy to wait, I just wish they

would release the neck so I can display this as a bust once the body work is done.....Hint.

I will get pictures up asap.

Lookin good Rebo. I'm doing the superglue method too :) Just remember, the jaw piece is also gold, not red

seeing all these iron man WIP is making me want to start my own iron man helmet but i think seeing your wip has made make up my mind. great job on the your helmet!!!

I'll be posting a few update pics in a short while, if I can stay awake to finish it.

Could someone point me in the direction of the best available torso, arms and leg files, links please?.I thought I would

ask this here rather than start a new thread.

I will be glassing the head (hopefully tomorrow) before I move onto the other piece just to save any 'accidents' from happening to it.

I think I am going to go all out on this guy as I have really enjoyed this last week of pepping as monotonous as it has been.

Every time the Missus has looked over at me she has rolled her eyes at me and shook her head, lol. :)

dungbeetle said:
Updated helmet with hinges coming soon!

WHAT?! oh god that just completely screws over all my work so far... thanks dungbeetle (both sarcastically and literally) lol

Nice work on the helmet btw, I think it looks way better than mine does, and we're about at the same spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
dungbeetle said:
Updated helmet with hinges coming soon!

WHAT!!!!! you decided to tell me NOW!!!!!.

Lol, just kidding, will it be a flip up hinge or the sliding hinge type of thing?

WRising said:
Nice work on the helmet btw, I think it looks way better than mine does, and we're about at the same spot.

I had the exact same thoughts about yours when I first saw your build, I was a bit rude not to comment on it sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh, dont worry about it. I didnt really expect much in the way of comments because there's not much to show since I'm not that far into the build. I would expect to see anything until the bondo stages.

Thank you all :) .

Well it's wintery 4.04am and I have just finished glassing it in the conservatory, it's a bit heady in there I tell ya.

Everything is nice and solid now and my hands itch lol.

I don't think i'll get much chance to work on it tomorrow,erm today, but if I do I ill post a few shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back