[RELEASE] Halo 4 Armour Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arcanine, if it's not too much trouble while you're rummaging around in the assets, if you come across any of the forerunner tower models, spires, columns and such it would great if you could post'em too.

Arcanine, if it's not too much trouble while you're rummaging around in the assets, if you come across any of the forerunner tower models, spires, columns and such it would great if you could post'em too.

That's a very, very large and very, very vague ask. There must be hundreds of different scenery models for each individual map - quite simply put, I cannot be bothered with that much work. That aside, I'm doing this for the costuming community - that means armour and weapon files are my goal here, not extras like scenery. I already have more than enough work to do regarding those goals without taking on more work that doesn't benefit the community at large.

I advise you to look into these tools in your own time if you're wanting scenery assets. If I put them on my list at all they'll be a long, long way down at the bottom of my priority list.

that's fine, just curious was all. I'm also looking forward to some of the armor being unfolded from the assets you got, but I'll look through them too. Really appreciate the work and honesty.

Does anyone know where I can download the h4 map files I need so that I can try my hand at this extraction business myself?

With the release of the brand-new Files Archive, I shall be moving all 3D assets from my current storage solutions, and replacing them on the 405th's dedicated servers. Please refer to the Files Archive for more.

Oookay so I'm a bit of a fish out of water here but I come in peace!

I am from the planet of PC modding and I am currently playing around with mods for Mass Effect 3. I want to make some mods that replace some of the armor in the game with armor from Halo 4 since I've become a bit of a fan recently, and I've gotten pretty much everything I need from this thread and others.

Even though I am VERY VERY grateful to the INCREDIBLE amount of resources available in this thread alone, due to the fact that the meshes are being used for cosplay purposes they lack a very critical thing for modders such as myself: Normal maps.

Because my expertise on model and texture extraction is very limited to pretty much just PC games I would like to first ask to see if it's possible for someone here to provide the raw textures ( Normal Maps, Spec Maps, Etc.) before I dive into the rabbit hole of trying to extract textures from a console game from a console that I don't even own...

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Also, I noticed that the models don't exactly fit the female spartan body so I assume they were all meant for the male one. It's okay if extracting all the female ones is too much of a hassle I can just fiddle with the meshes to make them fit I was just wondering if female meshes are at all a possibility.

Also, I noticed that the models don't exactly fit the female spartan body so I assume they were all meant for the male one. It's okay if extracting all the female ones is too much of a hassle I can just fiddle with the meshes to make them fit I was just wondering if female meshes are at all a possibility.

Eventually.

Even though I am VERY VERY grateful to the INCREDIBLE amount of resources available in this thread alone, due to the fact that the meshes are being used for cosplay purposes they lack a very critical thing for modders such as myself: Normal maps.

Because my expertise on model and texture extraction is very limited to pretty much just PC games I would like to first ask to see if it's possible for someone here to provide the raw textures ( Normal Maps, Spec Maps, Etc.) before I dive into the rabbit hole of trying to extract textures from a console game from a console that I don't even own...

What is a "Normal Map"?

What is a "Normal Map"?

Sometimes they're called a "bump map" basically they look like this:
masterchief_bump_zps0844bbc6.png
(this is a halo 3 character normal map texture)

They add depth and detail to a mesh ingame without adding more geometry to a mesh that would make the mesh file larger and more more difficult to use in the game.

Sometimes they're called a "bump map" basically they look like this:
(this is a halo 3 character normal map texture)

They add depth and detail to a mesh ingame without adding more geometry to a mesh that would make the mesh file larger and more more difficult to use in the game.

Switching this to PM

A quick update: I'm finally getting around to working on the FEMALE H4 assets. I thank you for your kind patience with my working with these files, and I'll be certain to keep this thread with information as it becomes available.

EDIT: 29072014

- ALL FEMALE FILES EXTRACTED, NAMED
- Files need to be rotated 90deg to be displayed upright

All told, for a day's work, not bad. Though, doing this reminded me why I don't like doing mass extracts. I should have at least some of the files ready for upload tomorrow.

As explained HERE:

All Halo 4 armour and weapon assets are fully online - male and female permutations included.

As explained HERE:

All Halo 4 armour and weapon assets are fully online - male and female permutations included.

Thank you so much for all your work getting these up on the archive for distribution. One quick question, I noticed that there were no female specific helmet files uploaded. Am I correct to assume that the helmets are the same proportions across genders?

I'm also from the PC art community, and I second the request for the unaltered .bmp texture files, or at least some aid in extracting them myself. It looks like the texture maps included in these packs are only the Specular map converted to a .jpg and that doesn't look very good rendered. This is a picture I've done with whats included, though to get the lights and visor I had to manually re-assign some polygons to new material groups:
deadeye_test_by_satsukihime1031-d7vwkmm.jpg

Attachments

• deadeye_test_by_satsukihime1031-d7vwkmm.jpg
    deadeye_test_by_satsukihime1031-d7vwkmm.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back