Request For Original Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

To all of our modeler's on the 405th, I am currently looking for original 3D files that we use to create .PDO's. I'll take any format you have, .obj's, .c4d's, .dwg's, .ipt's, .stl's, .3ds's, etc etc.

I would personally prefer to have a key component in the MJOLNIR Mk 6 body armor, IE helmet, gauntlet, boot, etc.

I'm looking for a file that I can have converted into an STL file that can be sent off for a CNC milling quote. Depending on the price, I might use your model that can be used to create either vac-formed or cast armor. I'll even through in a duplicate of the cast piece (or two, depends on the part) for you.

Please note that these files will NOT be redistributed. They are to be exclusively used for a CNC quote and possible use for creating a mold.

ATM, I would prefer you PM me, rather then just shout out and directly post your model.

Thank you for your support!

nut163 said:
I have a bunch of .3ds files of most of the armors. is that ok?

I'll have to take a look at them, first, before I determine if I can use them.

PM me and we'll try to figure out how to get it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will be CNCing I would suggest get a high res 3D model or do the original in a hard foam or other material and then finish off before molding.

nut163 said:
I have a bunch of .3ds files of most of the armors. is that ok?

If you are not the creator then you cannot give them away. If it's the H3 beta pack, I don't know if that has the resolution he's looking for in CNC.

137- Try skullcandy, Rundown, flying_squirrel, NZ-TK if you're looking for 3D modelers that have done halo work on here.

TrintLord said:
If you will be CNCing I would suggest get a high res 3D model or do the original in a hard foam or other material and then finish off before molding.

Yes, I'm looking for rather good quality stuff here. Robogenisis' stuff is an example of what I'm NOT looking for, it's too low detail. No offense, Robo, your models are great for creating a base, but they aren't what I'm looking for.

Sigma-LS said:
If you are not the creator then you cannot give them away. If it's the H3 beta pack, I don't know if that has the resolution he's looking for in CNC.

137- Try skullcandy, Rundown, flying_squirrel, NZ-TK if you're looking for 3D modelers that have done halo work on here.

I never thought to try Rundown or NZ-TK... Skullcandy isn't sharing with someone she doesn't know, which is understandable, and squirl has some plans for the files that I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to disclose.

But thanks!

nut163 said:
the 3ds files i have are just my conversions of pdo files found on the pepkura wiki.

So, you've managed to reverse the conversion? From .PDO to .3DS?

Spartan137 said:
So, you've managed to reverse the conversion? From .PDO to .3DS?

yes. i have "bought" heh heh. pepakura designer 3 and it can export .obj files which can then be converted to .3ds or whatever type you need.

nut163 said:
yes. i have "bought" heh heh. pepakura designer 3 and it can export .obj files which can then be converted to .3ds or whatever type you need.

Oh, your right! It can! And it'll output .DXFs! Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back