resin help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ojrtega said:
well i got a respirator now its my dads construction respirator it filters out just about everything i cant smell anything besides pure air haha try killing me now fiberglass fumes
Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm new here and I wanted to help out on this... so i have been looking online for some resperators and found this half mask one:
https://www.coopersafety.com/item/100978/3M...Respirator.aspx

You can load all kinds of cartridges into it. and it is pretty cheap $11.

As far as the organic cartridge you can find that at the same website at this link:
https://www.coopersafety.com/item/100519/3M...ridge-6001.aspx

Seeing as how full face masks are $100+ you guys can just buy goggles here too.. :)....

Paul

So im getting that mask, Cartridge and goggle and its costing me $34.34

I rather be safe than have cancer... i hope those links help u guys :)..

crackhead09 said:
well im poor and i havent used a respirator but i didnt spend a day fiberglassing and i was out on my non enclosed back porch and i feel fine

but safety is definetly first
yes safety first don't you listen in science class
buy THOSE types of goggles for good eye protection
then buy a mask that can filter the fiber glass
then buy long rubber gloves and put those on when apllying make sure there is no skin showing on your arms
soo thats for complete safety

My respirator said it was for fiberglassing on the box, but it looks like a thick painters mask with a little plastic circle deal in the center (if you are familiar with them you will understand)...I can still smell the resin, but i did the little test the instructions talked about and my respirator is working and doesn't have any leaks, do I need a more heavy duty respirator?

if it says it is for fiberglassing its ok but if not them get a heavy duty one with the filters on the side of ur face like mine

also if it that mask doesnt work u have u can always sue for false advertisement and get a few grand and a tumor, cancer, and brain damage from the fiber glass

blakiki said:
My respirator said it was for fiberglassing on the box, but it looks like a thick painters mask with a little plastic circle deal in the center (if you are familiar with them you will understand)...I can still smell the resin, but i did the little test the instructions talked about and my respirator is working and doesn't have any leaks, do I need a more heavy duty respirator?

I think what you have is a simple particulate mask probably an N95... That isn't what you want as it doesn't filter out the resin vapors. The fiberglass use it makes reference too is most likely fiberglass insulation or dust from sanding fiberglass. It is not going to protect you from the resin fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back