Resin Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapperbullet

I did not find the answer i was looking for with search so i'll ask and hope that it hasn't been asked 10,000 times and i missed it.

How the heck do we resin items like weapons or halo 1 thigh pieces, Belekor's Fallout 3 T-51b shoulder pieces, etc. If when you

complete the pepakura cutting/folding and glueing it is completely enclosed. From what i understand we should not Fiber glass the

outside of a piece because it makes it almost impossible to smooth it and and we would lose detail. again sorry if this has been asked,

If it has just post up some links and i'll copy them and erase this post no worries.

i was just wondering how you guys ever completed your weapons because i know resin won't make it strong enough by it's self.

Also while i have your attention, how many times is normal to fiberglass the inside of a piece? How plyable should it be? I will reread the

Stickies when i get a chance for this answer. I ask because after a first fiberglass on some pieces like belts they seem... maybe a little

too plyable. Thanks for your patience, expecially if you read this all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back