resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmins

[attachment=1367:DSC00136.JPG][attachment=1368:DSC00137.JPG][attachment=1369:DSC
0138.JPG][attachment=1370:DSC00139.JPG]can some one post a tut of how to resin and fibre glass or a link thanks

wow that helmet seems mishapen........... hope thats not made out of paper if so its gonna warp and be destroyed easily

ojrtega said:
wow that helmet seems mishapen........... hope thats not made out of paper if so its gonna warp and be destroyed easily
i agree with my bud here

Last edited by a moderator:
ojrtega said:
ya me and ecose know about this stuff and most people on here know also

yeah i dont think you used good 3d files or else it would have turned out right .... like ojrtega said it will warp with a resin coat

ecose said:
yeah i dont think you used good 3d files or else it would have turned out right .... like ojrtega said it will warp with a resin coat

mabe so but when i see some peoples armor i ask my self am i a pro costume maker .... i made mine completely from scratch..... hate to brag

true u didnt use pep like me......... and urs turned out pretty well but i first made a card board helmet and it turned out well but it was too small so i just went with pep

ojrtega said:
true u didnt use pep like me......... and urs turned out pretty well but i first made a card board helmet and it turned out well but it was too small so i just went with pep
it is paper but its got a cardboard frame

hmmm.. its out of shape alot but even though you got a cardboard frame on it go easy on the resin because it is paper build up in steps with amount of resin you use otherwise it will warp......alot

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
hmmm.. its out of shape alot but even though you got a cardboard frame on it go easy on the resin because it is paper build up in steps with amount of resin you use otherwise it will warp......alot

I DID THE MOUTH WITHOUT PEPSO THATS WHY

Blue Vertex said:
I wonder what the rest of his armor looks like...

What were your reference pics?
internet i fixed the mouth i ll update you guys (my camera needs charging

I agree with everyone, if you resin your helmet.. It will just collapse under it's weight during the process.. Also, you may not be able to put it back on your head... Goodluck!!

oh and im go paper mache my helm inside to make it even stronger
new pics:
[attachment=1408:Image1.tiff]
[attachment=1409:Image2.tiff]
[attachment=1410:Image3.tiff]
[attachment=1412:Image5.tiff]

Blue Vertex said:
Granted, it looks a lot better now, so much luck on the resin/glassing.

Also, what was in pic 4?
srry that was a accidental pic ive removed it now ive paper mached the inside right now and im waiting till next week to resin it as i need $3 more to buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back